Pyka is seeking a highly skilled and motivated professional to join our team as a Senior Recruiter. We attribute our success to the exceptional individuals who make up our organization. As a Senior Recruiter, you will take charge of executing the end-to-end recruiting process and bringing top-tier candidates onto our scaling team.
In this role, you will identify, recruit, and hire top talent, making a substantial impact to Pyka's success. This will involve close collaboration with hiring managers, stakeholders, and company leadership. It will also require a deep understanding of technical requirements, expertise in creating diverse candidate pipelines, and curating an exceptional candidate experience.
This position provides the opportunity to play a large role in evolving and scaling recruiting processes and practices at Pyka. You will continually help shape and refine our processes to streamline efficiency, enhance the candidate experience, and elevate our overall recruitment efforts.
Your work in this role will contribute significantly to building a welcoming, motivated, and high caliber team at Pyka.
Pyka’s goal is to provide society with a new form of safe, clean, and cost-effective transportation enabled by autonomous electric aviation.
To get there, we’re taking a different approach than most. We're applying our technologies to every industry where autonomous electric aircraft can be useful, starting with the highest value and most dangerous jobs. In doing so, we're building game-changing products manufactured at scale, while perfecting the safety, reliability, and capabilities of our autonomy engine and electric propulsion systems.
We design, develop and manufacture an ecosystem of technologies including proprietary flight control software, avionics, high power density motors, motor controllers, batteries, and custom carbon-fiber composite airframes.
Today, we supply autonomous electric aircraft for cargo transport and crop protection to real-world customers across four separate continents and have secured industry-first regulatory approvals from the FAA.
Our cargo aircraft enables remote connectivity, enhances express delivery networks, and ensures fast and reliable shipping of critical supplies to areas in need. Our crop protection aircraft offers agricultural services providers and farmers an autonomous tool to make aerial application safer, more precise, and less harmful to surrounding environments. Both vehicles are highly economical to operate, easy to deploy, and significantly reduce C02 emissions in their respective industries.
What you work on at Pyka makes people’s lives better now and brings the future of electric aviation one step closer each day.
- Execute the entire recruitment process, from initiating new job requisitions to screening inbound and sourced talent, managing interview processes, and extending offers.
- Ensure the delivery of an exceptional candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
- Propose and implement recruiting projects covering various topics, such as organizing recruiting events, providing interviewer training, and contributing to new recruiting initiatives.
- Partner closely with hiring managers to identify and secure the top talent for their teams.
- Proactively engage in sourcing passive talent with a strong emphasis on diversity to enrich the candidate pool and meet talent acquisition goals.
- Use data insights from recruitment metrics to inform hiring workflow and process improvements.
- Drive ongoing process enhancements and adapt strategies based on industry best practices and organizational needs.
- 5+ years of full-cycle in-house recruiting experience at fast-growing tech startups
- Experience in sourcing, screening, and hiring candidates for technical and non-technical positions ranging from entry-level to leadership roles in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers and department heads to understand hiring needs and develop effective recruitment strategies tailored to a startup environment
- Knowledge of industry trends, emerging technologies, and talent acquisition best practices within the tech startup and hardware space
- Familiarity with diversity and inclusion initiatives in recruitment, ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce in the startup setting
- Proficiency with Greenhouse and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Ability to analyze recruitment metrics to inform process improvements
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills, attention to detail, and a high sense of urgency
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on fostering positive and transparent interactions with candidates throughout the recruitment process, while ensuring clear articulation of the company's values, mission, and opportunities
- $120,000–$160,000 per year base salary + equity. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Salary ranges are subject to change.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
- FSA with employer matching
- Paid holidays, generous PTO, and additional unpaid time off
- Voluntary short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
Export Control Requirements
This position requires access to technology, software and other information that is subject to governmental access control restrictions, due to export controls. Employment in this position is conditioned on the continued availability of government authorization to authorize release of such items, to the extent required, including without limitation an export license, or other documentation required to establish authorization to receive access to such items.
Company may delay commencement of employment, rescind an offer of employment, terminate employment, and/or may modify job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and/or access to Company facilities and information systems, as Company deems appropriate, in order to ensure compliance with applicable government access control restrictions.
We do not work with external recruiters; if you are an external recruiter, please do not reach out.