Senior Facilities Manager
Pyka is looking for a Facilities Manager to perform a high level of skilled maintenance, repairs, adjustments, and minor construction work to ensure all facilities are properly established, maintained and all teams remain on target for specific company deadlines. Our culture and team performances will be directly impacted by the work produced by this person. Standards are set high for critical projects, and successful task performances are crucial to the team's mission. Duties may fall into a variety of trades including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, energy management, safety, security systems, and all aviation systems or related specialty equipment.
Pyka is developing its first manufacturing facility in a 106,000 Square Foot former Naval Air Station hangar located on Alameda Point. We’re looking for someone to support the facility bring up and operations and to own the construction and repair/maintenance of all wood, steel, and concrete structures, fixtures, and furnishings to meet the needs of our growing company. In this role, you will handle a wide range of tasks from changing light bulbs to managing construction projects. You will receive and evaluate work requests, provide recommendations and solutions for problem-solving, and confidently contract work when necessary. The Facilities Manager will ensure target dates are met by managing the time and costs associated with each project and by overseeing projects from conception to completion. Tasks will need to be performed with a high level of detail and professionalism and require strong communication skills to present and exchange technical or complex information.
Pyka’s goal is to provide society with a new form of safe, clean, and cost-effective transportation enabled by autonomous electric aviation.
To get there, we’re taking a different approach than most. We're applying our technologies to every industry where autonomous electric aircraft can be useful, starting with the highest value and most dangerous jobs. In doing so, we're building game-changing products manufactured at scale, while perfecting the safety, reliability, and capabilities of our autonomy engine and electric propulsion systems.
We design, develop and manufacture an ecosystem of technologies including proprietary flight control software, avionics, high power density motors, motor controllers, batteries, and custom carbon-fiber composite airframes.
Today, we supply autonomous electric aircraft for cargo transport and crop protection to real-world customers across four separate continents and have secured industry-first regulatory approvals from the FAA.
Our cargo aircraft enables remote connectivity, enhances express delivery networks, and ensures fast and reliable shipping of critical supplies to areas in need. Our crop protection aircraft offers agricultural services providers and farmers an autonomous tool to make aerial application safer, more precise, and less harmful to surrounding environments. Both vehicles are highly economical to operate, easy to deploy, and significantly reduce CO2 emissions in their respective industries.
What you work on at Pyka makes people’s lives better now and brings the future of electric aviation one step closer each day.
- Evaluate, coordinate, or complete various construction and repair projects by prioritizing tasks, collaborating with team members, managing task details, and ensuring tasks are completed on time and within the task budget.
- Performs, assists, and supervises all special facility projects.
- Repairs various fixtures and furniture around the facilities.
- Coordinates projects for the maintenance and remodel work for all Pyka locations by interacting with facility team members or trade professionals and gathering all necessary documentation for any work that may require permits.
- Manages the Facility budget by reporting all purchases for building materials, repair work, fixtures, furniture, vehicle maintenance, and any other facility-related costs.
- Maintains working knowledge of materials, systems, and code requirements related to maintenance and construction within our buildings.
- Collaborates daily with team members regarding special materials, objects, or facilities projects needed to meet any team deadline and effectively produces results for their success.
- Assists with preventive maintenance schedules for a variety of facilities systems, components, and structures including, plumbing, low/ high voltage and line voltage electric systems, fire and safety equipment, sprinkler systems, sensors, IT Systems and related hardware, fans, lights, antennas, and other related electrical equipment.
- Operates Pyka vehicles and is responsible for the general maintenance and safe operation of all Pyka vehicles.
- Operates trucks, lifts, tractors, and trailers and assists with the movement of such equipment and materials.
- Knows and understands the safety procedures for all of the Pyka facilities.
- Observes the work of others including outside contractors and comfortably brings safety concerns or unsafe conditions to the appropriate people.
- Responds to Pyka emergencies and assists with closures or openings in emergency situations. This includes adverse weather to electrical fires. The Facilities Manager is to be certain that all facilities and team members are protected and remain operational in safe conditions at all times.
- Guides less-skilled staff during shared work assignments, offers support or training when necessary, and promotes a positive learning environment for others.
- Performs other daily Facilities duties that need to be completed for the cleanliness and appearance of our facilities.
- 8+ years of semi-skilled or higher-level experience in trades, building maintenance, or construction
- Working knowledge of power, hand tools, and heavy equipment
- Ability to plan and direct the work of skilled or semi-skilled workers and other trade professionals
- Ability to train, mentor, coach, and develop skills of other staff members
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret more complex and technical documentation
- Ability to solve problems and provide several options for resolution
- Must be able to provide proof of Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Must be apple to work independently with little or no supervision
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced-team structured environment
- Basic computer skills with the ability to effectively communicate within the company's software and email programs
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Specialty trade certificates, degrees, or specialized training in facilities management or project management
- Forklift license
- Plumbing, HVAC, and/or electrical knowledge
- $100,000–$140,000 per year base salary + competitive equity. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Salary ranges are subject to change.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance, FSA with employer matching, and 401(k)
- Paid time off, company holidays, and parental leave
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
Export Control Requirements
This position requires access to technology, software and other information that is subject to governmental access control restrictions, due to export controls. Employment in this position is conditioned on the continued availability of government authorization to authorize release of such items, to the extent required, including without limitation an export license, or other documentation required to establish authorization to receive access to such items.
Company may delay commencement of employment, rescind an offer of employment, terminate employment, and/or may modify job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and/or access to Company facilities and information systems, as Company deems appropriate, in order to ensure compliance with applicable government access control restrictions.
We do not work with external recruiters; if you are an external recruiter, please do not reach out.