Supply Chain Manager
Pyka is seeking a seasoned Supply Chain Manager to support our growing production and product support operations. You will select and set up Pyka’s material procurement execution system to support production planning, procurement and execution in coordination with production and engineering teams.
The focus of this role is to ensure the success of scaled production by setting up processes, collaborating on production planning, building and maintaining inventory, and managing vendor relationships. Successful candidates in the role will also manage inbound and outbound movements of parts and equipment between Pyka production facilities, external vendors, and customer sites both domestically and internationally.
Pyka is a quickly growing start up with a fast-paced work environment, which requires this team member to be self-starting and independent. An ideal candidate for this role is highly organized and has extensive experience in building systems for procurement, inventory, warehouse organization, and equipment inbound and outbound movements. This is a full time role, based in Oakland, California.
Pyka’s goal is to provide society with a new form of fast, environmentally friendly, and accessible transportation enabled by autonomous electric aviation.
To get there, we’re taking a different approach than most. We're applying our technologies to every industry where electric aircraft can be useful, starting with the highest value and most dangerous jobs. In doing so, we're building useful, game-changing products manufactured at scale, while perfecting the safety, reliability, and capabilities of our autonomy engine and electric propulsion systems.
Today, we supply our aircraft to agricultural service providers and farmers as an autonomous tool that makes aerial crop protection safer, more targeted and less harmful to surrounding environments. Our vehicles are highly economical to operate and easy to deploy. What you work on at Pyka makes people’s lives better now and brings the future of electric aviation one-step closer each day.
We design, develop and manufacture an ecosystem of technologies including proprietary flight control software, avionics, high power density motors, motor controllers, batteries, and custom carbon-fiber composite airframes.
We foster a welcoming community within our company that promotes experimentation, asking questions, making simple solutions to complex problems, and expressing different views and opinions. We are a transparent company both internally and externally and do not believe in operating in “stealth mode.” Lastly, we don’t work 60 hour weeks, and don’t expect you to either. In this role you will have a great deal of responsibility, earn a competitive salary and benefits, and contribute to the development of groundbreaking technology.
- Lead and develop Pyka’s efforts in all aspects of supply chain change management, including tracking engineering design changes, manufacturing schedule, production planning, procurement, and inventory
- Lead and develop Pyka's efforts in all aspects of equipment and parts outbound and inbound movements, both domestically and internationally
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers to ensure favorable terms and conditions for the company
- Responsible for sourcing to help Pyka meet its plans for scaling and cost
- Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities
- Utilizing a clear methodology, review the impact of change requests across supply chain and production schedules. This includes understanding how the change affects production as well as fleet upgrades
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Conduct regular supplier risk assessments and implement mitigation strategies as needed
- BS in engineering
- 5–10 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability rapidly concept, design, build, implement, and iterate production-capable processes
- Demonstrated ability to implement lean and continuous improvement processes
- Knowledge of quality tools (e.g. FMEA, DOE, 8D, and other methodologies)
- Familiar with integrating equipment and processes into a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to create a cohesive manufacturing system
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a manufacturing environment
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable with frequent changes of direction, dynamic work environment, and a track record of performing under pressure
- Exceptional project management and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Above and Beyond Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or a similar discipline (comparable experience)
- 4+ years of work experience in procurement, manufacturing, or related supply chain disciplines
- Incredibly detail-oriented — the type of person who loves high-volume logistics and is hyper-organized
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineering teams
- Experience experience with BOMs, ECOs, document management and workflow
- Experience with hardware manufacturing
- Experience with enterprise resource planning and inventory / asset management systems
- Ability to read technical drawings and data sheets
- $140,000–$180,000 per year base salary + equity. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Salary ranges are subject to change.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance, FSA with employer matching, and 401(k)
- Paid time off, company holidays, and parental leave
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
Export Control Requirements
This position requires access to technology, software and other information that is subject to governmental access control restrictions, due to export controls. Employment in this position is conditioned on the continued availability of government authorization to authorize release of such items, to the extent required, including without limitation an export license, or other documentation required to establish authorization to receive access to such items.
Company may delay commencement of employment, rescind an offer of employment, terminate employment, and/or may modify job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and/or access to Company facilities and information systems, as Company deems appropriate, in order to ensure compliance with applicable government access control restrictions.
We do not work with external recruiters; if you are an external recruiter, please do not reach out.