System Validation Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a System Validation Engineer to join our team. You will ensure that both the software and hardware we plan to deliver works by stress testing it under the real-world conditions. You will provide confidence in the quality of the features before they ship to customers (so they aren’t the ones to find the bugs). You will provide feedback to the development engineers responsible for fixing the problems to prevent surprises and delays from stalling the project at the last minute. You will work onsite at our San Carlos, CA office. You will report to the Director, Software Engineering
Role and Responsibilities
- Independently drive requirements, design test plans, build test hardware, execute tests, analyze + document results in a concise way
- Actively participate in design and code reviews in order to catch as many problems as possible before test
- Develop test automated test rigs to streamline regression testing
- Work closely with HW & SW engineers to correct problems before they reach production.
- Analyze failures and put in place efficient mechanisms to catch them without unduly burdening the engineering process
- 5+ years hands-on lab experience working in the embedded or power electronics space
- Clear evidence of successfully finishing projects containing both hardware and software aspects, completed either personally or in a lead integration capacity from start to finish
Compensation and Benefits | P3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!