Software Engineering Intern
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern to join us for 12-16 weeks during the summer of 2024. You will work with world-class hydrogen scientists and engineers tackling the industry’s biggest challenges, transforming user requirements into clean, well-documented, and testable code. You will work onsite at our Natick, MA offices with limited travel to our other site in Devens, MA. You will report into the lead sowtware engineer.
- You will be creating web applications in React and deploy full-stack applications on GCP and AWS with a team of experienced software engineers and data scientists who share the deep passion in hydrogen.
- You will be developing user-facing features from enabling scientists to better visualize experimental data to predicting electrolyzer performance using local weather and grid data.
- You will work on backend development, dealing with complex and high-frequency equipment data across multiple business domains.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
- Production development experience with full-stack web applications required. A combination of relevant coursework and prior industry or research experience is acceptable.
- Prior experience with a front-end application framework required. Proficiency in React is a plus
- Prior experience with deploying API and backend services on GCP or AWS required. Proficiency in Node.js, Python, and GraphQL frameworks is a plus.
- Familiarity with relational databases and experience working with database services such as PostgreSQL, Timescale, RedShift, and MySQL is a plus.
- Prior internship or work experience in a start-up is a plus.
- All students will have the opportunity to develop skills, gain laboratory experience and benefit from a valuable experience within a start-up culture while learning about the energy industry.
- $1,500 transportation stipend will be provided or $3,000 relocation stipend (depending on location)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!