Senior Pilot Plant Operator
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Senior Prototype Plant Operator to be responsible for day-to-day operation and maintenance of Electric Hydrogen's first large-scale electrolysis system. You will join a multidisciplinary team tasked with validating the design of our electrolyzer, producing crucial data needed by plant and stack engineering groups. The role will require knowledge of multiple disciplines (electrical, mechanical, and chemical). Above all else, the job demands continuous focus on safe and reliable plant operation. You will work onsite in San Jose, CA and report to the Manager of Test Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operate the electrolysis plant and manipulate plant conditions by adjusting controls and set points of process equipment such as pumps, regulators, and valves using control panels and HMIs.
- Be the standard of safety
- Execute test plans and collect data. Monitor instruments measuring temperature, pressure, and flow rate to ensure the plant is operating within its design window.
- Respond to warnings and alarms, taking action to adjust the process
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with equipment as they arise and escalate to senior engineers as needed
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on process equipment and electrolysis cell stacks. Maintain consistent records and logs of preventative maintenance checks and repairs.
- Develop checklists and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for plant startup, shutdown, and maintenance
- High School Diploma or GED (accredited) minimum, Bachelor's Degree maximum level of education
- 5+ years of experience in a plant operations or equipment technician role
- Prior experience working in a chemical or petrochemical facility, wastewater treatment plant, or similar environment is required
- Working knowledge of industrial process control of liquids and gasses. Understanding of hazards associated with high pressure or combustible gas systems. Experience working with SCADA systems, interacting with equipment via HMI.
- Ability to perform basic repair of components on piping assemblies and process skids such as pumps and valves.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings such as piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and electrical single-line diagram (SLD).
- Climb ladders and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, respirators, and hearing protection.
- Work on equipment in both indoor and outdoor settings.
Compensation & Benefits | S4
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!