Environmental Health and Safety Co-Op
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We're looking for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Co-Op to join us Summer through December 2024. The EHS team is a fast paced, collaborative team who promote a positive and proactive teamwork culture. You will assist in the continuous development of our EHS programs and daily EHS tasks. The intended outcome of the internship is to work with the EHS engineer to expand upon our chemical inventory compliance program and to track EHS related action items.
This is an onsite role at our San Carlos, CA location and will report up to our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer. Travel to San Jose, CA may be required on an irregular basis.
Role and Responsibilities
- Log information to complete a chemical inventory compliance program
- Assist EHS Engineer to conduct safety audits/walkthroughs/reviews
- Support daily EHS functions
- Track and follow up on EHS training compliance
- Help collect, analyze, and prepare required reports for hazardous waste and other EHS programs
- Basic understanding and application of chemistry related concepts
- Understand basic OSHA and EPA regulations
- Enrollment in a Bachelor's Degree program studying Environmental Science, Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Engineering or related field
Compensation and Benefits
- All students will have the opportunity to develop communication skills, gain laboratory experience and benefit from a valuable experience within a start-up culture while learning about the energy industry.
- $1,500 transportation stipend will be provided or $3,000 relocation stipend (depending on location)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!