Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for Research Engineer Co-Ops to join our Cell Testing and Cell Technology teams. You will have the opportunity to work on a critical development of the electrolyzer technology including topics like material development, electrochemical understanding, system reliability, vendor evaluation, and more. The focus of the co-op will depend on the applicant’s interests and company’s research priorities.
You will work onsite at our Natick, MA office and report to the Lead of Cell Testing/Cell Technology.
Role and Responsibilities
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree program in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering
- Synthesize catalyst materials for electrolysis reactions
- Refine ink compositions and develop coating processes for catalyst coated membranes
- Investigate polymer formulations
- Assess material compatibility in electrochemical systems
- Assemble R&D-scale electrochemical cells; assess performance with battery test equipment and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS)
- Analyze test data and report results out to team; make recommendations for future design iterations
- Design and execute build of test stands for increased testing capacity
- Develop SOPs for lab procedures
- All students will have the opportunity to develop skills, gain laboratory experience and benefit from a valuable experience within a start-up culture while learning about the energy industry.
- $1,500 transportation stipend will be provided or $3,000 relocation stipend (depending on location)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!