Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking to add a well-rounded tax professional to lead tax compliance and tax accounting processes, including sales and use tax, other SALT matters, and Federal filings. You will ensure EH2 stays on the good side of the many jurisdictions in which we operate by building processes that collect the required information, preparing and filing all appropriate returns with help from our Big 4 firms, and recognizing, researching, and resolving potential tax issues before they arise. This role offers significant development across both indirect and direct taxation, accounting for income tax, VAT, and financial modeling.
You will be onsite at one of our offices in CA or MA or may be fully remote. You will report into the Director of Finance.
Role & Responsibilities
- Prepare and file returns for sales and use taxes in appropriate jurisdictions in coordination with external accounting firms
- Preparation of annual property tax filings and review of assessments and bills to ensure accurate payments
- Assist external account firms to drive income tax compliance including compiling data and information as needed for completion of annual corporate federal and state extensions, estimates, and returns
- Assist with reviewing applicability and assessing financial impact of various state and federal tax credits/incentives
- Research tax matters, summarize analysis, and determine proper tax treatment for specific business transactions
- Review existing processes and develop recommendations to efficiently manage compliance
- Provide tax support to various departments (Accounts Receivable/Payable, Finance, and Procurement), including exemption determination and form completion
- In addition to property, sales and use, and income tax, assist with ad-hoc matters related to other tax types including gross receipts, excise, franchise, withholding, and more
- Advise FP&A on tax matters in various modeling exercises
- 4+ years of progressive tax experience
- Highly analytical with the ability to express tax analysis and outcomes verbally, quantitatively, and in writing
- Certified Public Accountant in the US
- Advanced manufacturing experience
Compensation & Benefits | [National Zone] Sr. Tax Associate [P3]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!