Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Engineer, you will develop and support the plant monitoring and data acquisition platform for our next-generation electrochemical hydrogen electrolyzers manufacturing lines, you will work together with our manufacturing controls and equipment team and with our software engineering team.
You will be on-site based at our facility in Devens, MA, and will report to our manufacturing Automation Controls & Equipment Engineers.
Role & Responsibilities
- SCADA System Design: Architect and deploy SCADA system architectures, including data acquisition, communication networks, and human-machine interfaces (HMIs), based on project requirements and industry standards
- Implementation and Integration: Configure, program, and integrate SCADA software and hardware components, such as PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers), gateways and communication protocols
- Monitoring and Control: Oversee the operation and performance of SCADA systems, monitor data acquisition, and control processes to ensure smooth operations and adherence to safety protocols
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance: Identify and resolve issues related to SCADA systems, including communication failures and data anomalies. Perform routine maintenance tasks, system upgrades, and software patches
- Cybersecurity: Implement and maintain robust cybersecurity measures to protect SCADA systems from potential threats and vulnerabilities. Stay updated on industry best practices and new technologies in SCADA security
- Documentation and Training: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including system specifications, application deployment procedures and troubleshooting guides. Educate end-users and operational staff on SCADA system operation and maintenance
- Develop Controls Specification: Allow seamless integration of tools into manufacturing equipment, through integration of data communication standards
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. Relevant certifications or equivalent experience may also be considered
- 5+ years of experience working with SCADA system architectures, HMI and Industrial networks
- Proficiency in SCADA software platforms, such as OSI PI, Ignition, FactoryTalk
- Experience with programming languages commonly used in SCADA systems, such as block diagrams and structured text (C, C++, Python)
- Familiarity with communication protocols (e.g., DNP3, OPC UA, MQTT), and industrial networks (e.g. Ethernet IP, Profibus, Modbus)
- Experience with plant networking including isolation through VLANs and cybersecurity
- Experience in system integration with PLCs, RTUs, HMIs, and other industrial control devices
- Familiarity with Server/client configuration as well as PC hardware and software configuration, integration and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with data bases integration and SQL
- Versed in system administration of windows/linux and virtual machines (preferably VMware environment)
- Familiarity with MES systems integration and IIoT platforms integration
Compensation & Benefits | [Natick Zone] SCADA Engineer (P3)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!