Manufacturing Equipment Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As a Manufacturing Equipment Engineer you will be responsible for the safe and effective operation of our electrolyzer production equipment. You will be involved in all phases of the equipment lifecycle, from the defining of requirements through to maintenance and upkeep. In this role you will work closely with various teams: you will help define and execute factory and site acceptance tests with the process development team, you will ensure equipment is properly situated in our production areas with the facilities team, and you will work closely with the manufacturing team to keep equipment running at its best. As part of the manufacturing team, a growing area within a dynamic company, you will be expected to not only work on tasks to make sure we achieve our short term targets, but also to help us build towards our larger manufacturing goals. Daily tasks can and will be varied; our work will be focused around our goal of enabling deep decarbonization!
Ideal candidates for this role have experience in a manufacturing environment or working with high-tech equipment. The Manufacturing Equipment Engineer role is safety-focused and committed to working in a collaborative team environment to achieve manufacturing goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Committed to safety and able to implement safety guidelines.
- Identify and triage daily equipment problems.
- Provide input for equipment specifications and requirements.
- Work from first principles to help define the design of custom equipment.
- Review equipment schematics (design drawings, P&IDs, electrical schematics).
- Help conduct factory acceptance testing (FAT) and site acceptance testing (SAT).
- Ensure equipment is properly installed in our factory.
- Define a spare parts list and maintain a spare parts inventory.
- Define maintenance procedures and intervals and conduct regular preventative maintenance.
- Monitor equipment health and report out equipment metrics.
- Facilitate process control and process development initiatives.
- Work on projects to continuously improve the performance and reliability of our equipment.
Preferred Qualifications and Qualities
- Excited to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- BS or higher in an engineering field, or equivalent work experience in a technical manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with equipment automation, including PLCs and SCADA systems.
- Comfortable reading and reviewing design drawings, electrical / pneumatic schematics, and P&IDs.
- Experience with equipment facility connections (power, pressurized gases, water, data, etc.)
- Experience working with and installing components such as laser sensors, proximity sensors, gas flow and pressure sensors, vision systems, motors, pumps, and VFDs
- Familiarity with a CAD program, for example Onshape, SolidWorks, or NX.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs.
- Attention to detail and consistently display a high level of workmanship.
- Project experience that demonstrates excellence working within a team environment to achieve a technical goal.
- Team player with a positive communication style.
Compensation & Benefits | [Natick Zone] Manufacturing Equipment Engineer (P2):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!