Director of Facilities and Office Operations
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a leader for our Facilities and Office Operations teams. The driving force behind our growth, is providing our team with a reliable and inviting place to work. This is a highly cross-functional role, working with multiple groups across the company to support our mission of making molecules to decarbonize our world. The leader will guide our team in setting strategy to ensure our facilities are well maintained, properly staffed and teammates and customers have an excellent experience in each facility. You have proven experience in Facilities and Office Management with a proven track record of developing programs and growing and training a team.
You will be based at our facility in Devens, MA, Natick, MA and will report to the Vice President of Business Operations.
• Manage and supervise a team of administrative and facilities staff in four (4) locations, providing coaching, feedback and development opportunities
• Lead and supervise the day-to-day operations of the corporate offices, including facilities, reception, mailroom, supplies, etc.
• Hire and manage staff including but not limited to, facilities, front desk, reception, janitorial, etc.
• Develop and maintain a performance management system to measure and improve the performance of the corporate operations team
• Lead the implementation of policies and SOPs that provide clear standards and drive accountability in office and facilities related matters
• Maintain relationships with business group leaders to adequately identify seating assignments and their office operations needs
• Partner with facilities team to develop and implement a preventative maintenance program to ensure all building systems are operating efficiently and effectively
• Manage vendor relationships and contracts for building services, including janitorial, landscaping and security
• Develop and maintain a budget for building services and ensure expenses are within budgetary guidelines
• Lead your team to project manage full cycle office buildouts and renovations including budget, move-in, etc.
• Implement and enforce security protocols to protect employees, visitors and assets
• Identify opportunities to improve the sustainability of the facilities and implement programs to reduce energy, water and waste
• Lead the team that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements related to building operations and maintenance
• Analyze and improve corporate processes to optimize efficiency, reduce costs and improve the quality-of-service delivery
• Develop and implement a strategy to improve the use of technology in the corporate office, including software and hardware solutions
• Travel across sites (up to 25% of time)
• 8+ years of experience in a Facilities Management, with 4+ years of supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management or related field
• Strong knowledge of maintenance systems
• Strong knowledge of law and regulations
• Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
• Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management in a fast-paced environment
• Contract negotiation
• Conflict resolution experience
• Experience working with deeply technical engineering team colleagues
• Experience in developing platforms for internal processes
• Experience in coaching team members to strengthen their abilities and skill sets
Compensation & BenefitsDirector of Facilities and Office Operations (M5):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!