Facilities Engineer - Electrical
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We're looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support the operations of our facilities in Devens, MA while providing additional support to teams in Natick, San Carlos, CA and San Jose, CA. You will work onsite and report into the Sr Facilities Engineer. You will support the design and commissioning of the electrical systems for an electrolyzer manufacturing and testing plant.
You must be comfortable working with medium voltage incoming service feeders, distribution to individual pieces of manufacturing equipment, and all layers in between.
- Take ownership of electrical power for equipment from the utility-user point of use through the equipment.
- Work with facilities/electrical utility management to define the needs and to ensure that utility modifications and upgrades will meet the needs of the industrial equipment and electrical code requirements, including the support of ongoing upgrade and modification works, and providing consultation on the sizing of conductors, circuits, transformers, switchgear and other necessary components
- Establish design standards, specifications, and criteria for projects
- Update single line diagrams
- Support the installation and commissioning of new manufacturing and testing equipment
- Support EHS activity through the management of electrical safety activities (including arc-flash analysis and short circuit analysis), and inspections of existing equipment
- Work with electrical design firms, mechanical contractors, and architects
- Support work with local AHJ officials on permitting and compliance
- Work with external and internal high current DC power supply vendors
- Provide guidance and consultation on the electrical infrastructure for new multi-$MM and multi-MW electrical capital improvement projects
- Represent a single source of truth for internal electrical decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent (Advanced degree (Master’s) preferred)
- 5+ years of experience as an electrical engineering specialist in the design, construction and management of manufacturing or industrial facilities
- Detailed working knowledge of applicable codes and standards (not limited to NFPA-70/79, NFPA-70E, arc-flash boundary assessments)
- Working knowledge of building electrical systems and components
- Experience with maintenance of building electrical systems
- Experience with energy management systems, including the use of smart metering, VFDs and the interface between electrical systems and other utilities (e.g. HVAC)
- Experience with electrical safety, including lock-out/tag-out
- Hold a valid drivers' license
- Must climb ladders for maintenance/assembly needs
- Must occasionally pick up items at local supply houses/specialty vendors
- Safely lift up to 50lbs and use a hand truck, dolly or forklift
- CMMS experience (UpKeep, Fluke EMaint)
- PE registration
- Experience with networking, building management systems, SCADA and/or other low-voltage control systems
Compensation [Natick Zone: P4]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!