Senior New Product Integration Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We're looking for Engineers to join our New Product Integration team! This team is focused on delivering first of a kind, large-scale, modular, and mass manufactured electrolysis Plants. We are involved in the full lifecycle of the development of Electric Hydrogen's electrolysis plant, including: DFM support and feedback across teams, supporting supplier development, traditional New Product Introduction tasks, and first of a kind plant deployment.
To accomplish our mission, we are looking for collaborative individuals who are excited to work with others, excited to learn, and willing to teach. As a member of this team you will report to the manager of New Product Integrations working on a variety of projects focused on building and integrating first of a kind chemical process facilities. A successful candidate will be able to fulfill a majority of the following responsibilities.
You will be based in our office located in San Carlos, CA.
- Work with design teams to create factory acceptance test and create test hardware
- Create manufacturing plan, work instructions, and design fixtures/tooling for the electrolyzer plant
- Work with supply chain to identify partners/suppliers/contractors and bring partners/suppliers/contractors up to speed
- Manage/work with outside vendors, contractors, and consultants working on the first plant
- Work with factory/manufacturing facility/fabricators teams to incorporate release cycles
- Work with teams to determine which features and improvements get added to the product during release cycles and the timing of the release cycles
- Identify areas for DFM and cost improvement and work with teams to integrate it into the product
- Train and hand off the product manufacturing to the sustaining manufacturing team once the first few plant(s) are manufactured
- Create the plant installation plan, work instructions and manage/document the first plant installation
- Work with relevant teams to develop Plant Commissioning Procedure, Plan, and Implement it for the first product plant
- This role has about 25% travel associated with it on average. The amount of travel will be based on the current stage of the product development cycle.
- An engineering background (Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace, or other similar Engineering Degree )
- 8+ years industry experience
- Taken at least one technical project from design phase into production
- Experience working with outside vendors, contractors, and officials
- Has experience applying DFM methods to a product
- Proficient in CAD software (Solid Works, Autodesk, On Shape, etc.)
- Has experience with welding, manufacturing, facility commissioning, and/or vendor QA/QC
- Has experience working on modular chemical process facility design
- Has experience with tolerance stack up analysis and GD&T
- Has experience developing work instructions
- Having Startup like experience
- Worked on projects that involve coordinating between interdisciplinary teams and technical communication
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- [San Carlos Zone] Senior NPI Integration Engineer (P4):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!