Electrochemical Lab Technician
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As a Technician in our Electrochemical Laboratory, your mission will be to help us build, test and optimize our ground-breaking electrolysis cells. You will work with our outstanding engineering team and help to develop the industry of the future. We are hiring 4 candidates for this role.
You will be based onsite in our Lab in Natick, MA, and report to the Director, Cell Testing.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Electrochemical testing and fabrication including cell construction and electrode coating
- Perform a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- Support in more complex laboratory tasks
- Record results, organize data, and perform basic computations
- Set-up and maintenance of analytical equipment
- Calibration of important lab equipment and maintenance laboratory supplies
- Comply with all safety and control standards
- Solve technical issues that arise within the lab
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred but not required
- 1+ years' experience working in an analytical or wet lab setting (preference for experience with cell or battery characterization)
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Able to work independently and under minimal supervision with excellent attention to detail
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
- Possess a robust fundamental understanding of laboratory equipment and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Understands the impact and importance of our research and development work and how your efforts will contribute to this goal
- Must work in a standing or seated position for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours
- Significant walking or other means of mobility
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and must adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses
- Must reach, bend, stoop, push or pull and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Occasionally lift or move 60 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud at times
- Must wear appropriate PPE
Compensation & Benefits
Electromechanical Lab Technician:
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!