Senior Test Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a hands-on Test Engineer with fluid systems experience in a research lab or pilot plant environment. You have a Swiss army knife of skills with many more tricks up your sleeve. You take great satisfaction in watching a test stand you just spent a week debugging, leak testing, and struggling with operate perfectly. You welcome feedback from scientists about how to make your test equipment even better. You coolly analyze data to provide information-driven decisions when your test hardware is down. Your experience has taught you to be cautious about the promised performance of products and always think about how components will fail. You know where to purchase things. You may even know vendors on a first name basis. You have opinions about vendors and products that no one outside of work wants to talk about.
No two days will be the same. You will have multiple test stations running simultaneously that you have to worry about and take care of. You will be continually commissioning new test hardware. You might be reconfiguring hardware to put together quick and dirty test rigs to answer scientific questions. You will be asked a hundred questions a day by scientists, engineers, and technicians. When you have time you will be visualizing the future of the lab and getting ready for that future by purchasing things.
You will be based in Natick, MA, and report to our Director of Test Engineering.
- Commission and install new test equipment
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and get test equipment back online
- Mentor/train technicians
- Design a world-class electrochemical test facility
- Bachelor's degree (engineering, chemistry, material science, physics)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with fittings, tubing, light shop tools, ability to read drawings
- 5+ years of Electrical experience reading schematics, wiring things, troubleshooting low voltage circuits)
- 1+ years of programming experience writing and modifying basic Python scripts. We don't need you to be a software engineer
- 1+ years of experience with control systems – have seen them before and have an interest in learning more
- Master's degree
- Experience in product development of a material science product (Electrochemistry, fuel cells, batteries a plus)
- Experience with industrial control systems: PLC programming, HMI/SCADA, networking
- 5+ years of experience managing technicians
- Passion for decarbonization preferred and start-up experience - a big plus
Compensation & Benefits
Sr. Test Engineer (P4):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!