Sales Director (Remote, Ontario)
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, December 2, 2021
The Sales Director is driven to generate cash for customers while fulfilling the promise of the energy transition. A talented & successful sales expert, they are focused on identifying, building, and nurturing successful new relationships with large commercial, institutional, and industrial customers.
Our product - developed to help solve the greatest problem of our time, the climate crisis - is tested and proven, and we have moved from startup to significant (and rapid) growth stage. We need a strong sales professional who loves to win, is inspired by innovation and who embodies our Bright, Gritty & Good philosophy to expand our impact.
We’re looking for a passionate, process-oriented salesperson who believes in our mission. If you love to sell, if working with industry-leading energy technology sparks your passion, if your track record of success gives you confidence in your ability to close profitable deals with large commercial and industrial customers, and if you want your work to make a difference to our planet, we’d love you to join our world-class team.
At Voltus, we live by the mantra “Doing well by doing good” - and that includes actively doing our best by our team, clients and partners. Our aspiration is to be a leader in increasing diversity within the energy industry, and that starts with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization.
- Deliver against a quota to get more cash and better energy for our customers
- Prospect, present proposals, negotiate, and close business
- Report on all sales activities through Voltus’s CRM systems
- Continually make us a better company
- Live within Ontario
- 3-10 years B2B sales experience. You’ve gotta love to sell and hit those goals!
- Ability to develop, negotiate and close customized deals effectively
- Top-notch communication - in person, written and presentations
- Technology minded, with the ability to explain high-tech info to a variety of audiences
- Experience with energy markets a plus
- Time management, prioritization, and the ability to self-motivate
- A passion for networking, establishing rapport with potential clients and sharing the Voltus mission
- Dedicated to giving and receiving feedback in all directions for the good of each teammate and the organization
- Experience with tools like PowerPoint, Salesforce, Google Suite
- $110,000 USD base salary
- $25,000-$60,000 USD additional variable OTE compensation
- Uncapped commissions w/residual payments
- Complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, unlimited PTO
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.