Dispatch Operations Associate (remote, Guam, full-time)
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Are you passionate about the decarbonization of the electric grid? Are you interested in learning about how distributed energy resources play a critical role in the grid of the future? The Dispatch Operations team at Voltus is looking for an Associate who is passionate about delivering MW to the grid during dispatches. These dispatches are called when the grid needs Voltus to take action, and the Dispatch Operations team quickly activates our portfolio of distributed energy resources in various programs across North America.
In this role, you will become knowledgeable about grid operators and utilities in North America, you will interact regularly with large industrial and commercial energy users, and you will build a foundation of operations experience across diverse systems and processes. This rapidly expanding landscape requires constant scrutinization of our processes, systems, and tools to efficiently deliver on dispatches. You will have the opportunity to both lead tactical responsibilities and support strategic projects, and you will be part of an exceptional team that is laser focused on combating the climate crisis.
We are a 24/7 team, and we are looking for Associate candidates in the Pacific Islands, Australia, and Asia because time zones in these regions provide strategic coverage during the North American evening and night. The role is shift-based and your availability and reliability are critical to succeed in this role; however, this role is remote, which means: no commute! We are looking for candidates who can work 8-hour weekday shifts between 9am ChST - 7pm ChST and provide occasional spot coverage.
- Maintain a state of readiness to receive dispatches from grid operators and utilities
- Become an expert in executing dispatches across grid operator and utility programs
- Maximize customer participation in dispatches through a dispatch management process that makes customer participation simple and successful
- Support the optimization of customer site offers in real time and day-ahead markets
- Lead seamless internal communication during dispatches, leveraging other internal team members in support of the shared goal for flawless dispatches
- Capture lessons learned following a dispatch. Track and follow through on any customer inquiries or issues.
- Be a leader for our team's Dispatch Verification process. Own and improve the structure that the rest of the team use to conduct revenue-driving, mock dispatches with each of our customers to verify their enrollment.
- Monitor market participation and take necessary actions to ensure Voltus market compliance. Regularly audit our offers portfolio to locate any sub-optimal offers schedules (sites not in market, site kW offer values, etc)
- Support process documentation, internal and external, stakeholder communications, and customer readiness
- Create and deliver seasonal communications and readiness alerts to customers in partnership with Voltus's Customer Success team
- Take ownership of reporting tools and ad hoc analysis projects, supported by a fluency in at least one of Google Sheets, Python, and/or SQL
- Become an expert in dispatching and help lead a continuous training program. Leverage recordings, Lessonly, and other materials to facilitate asynchronous training in Dispatch Ops and across the company.
The spring and summer seasons are focused on dispatch readiness and performance. Additional dispatch events occur throughout the year, but your secondary responsibilities will be predominantly conducted in the fall and winter.
- Bright, Gritty, and Good
- Reliable – this is a time-sensitive, quick reaction role
- Thrives in a remote work environment
- Ambitious and willing to learn quickly
- Strong communicator
- Self-motivated; bias for action
- Well organized
- Loves working with details
- Strong computer skills: comfortable working with a variety of web-based tools
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.