Senior Frontend Engineer - Application
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Voltus’ mission is to be the Distributed Energy Platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition. The Voltus platform connects any distributed energy resource (DER) to any energy market across the US and Canada, providing flexibility, reliability, and resilience to the grid while generating revenue for our partners. By partnering with industry leaders and the DER ecosystem, we are building the decarbonized, distributed, decentralized, and digitized energy system of the future.
Voltus is a remote and virtual company, distributed across US, Canada, and abroad. While this job is remote, you must be within 4 hours of North American Eastern Time - GMT-1 to GMT-9.
About the Role
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Applications team, you will build UIs and client-side web applications to help our team of energy market experts manage complex distributed resources in wholesale energy markets. At the same time, you will build apps to make our customers’ lives easier while they get paid for using less energy.
You have experience with modern web development frameworks (especially React) and are comfortable working on the API layer when you need to. You have the product chops to create beautiful customer-facing tools or functional internal tools, and have the judgment to know which to build when. You are bright, gritty, and good, and you want to work with others like you.
**If you previously applied to the Frontend Engineer role but didn’t hear back, please reapply to this listing if you qualify for this Senior role (minimum of 4 years of frontend development experience)
What You'll Do
- Contribute to our ever growing frontend ecosystem by building shared tooling and developing process and best practices
- Create reusable frontend components for our budding design system
- Work on the application and API layers for customer-facing and internal tools to process and understand our ever-growing pile of electricity demand data and market intelligence
- Implement and follow engineering best practices, including testing and continuous integration
- Work with our product team and internal stakeholders to identify and solve internal and external user problems
What's Important to Us
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Frontend development
- Self initiated and curious, someone who is always looking for ways to improve our applications and infrastructure
- Can work independently and thoughtfully allocate time among projects
- Communicates well with others, especially important in a remote team
- Interested in building positive and welcoming engineering culture
- Cares about the environmental impact of reduced energy use
- Interested in learning more about the energy industry
- Familiarity with React/Redux, HTML/CSS, ES2015+
- Familiarity with some testing frameworks
- Experience working in a dynamic, team environment
Not Important to Us
- Having a CS or engineering degree
- Having lots of github contributions
Some (not all) Technologies We Use
- React, Flask, Goa
- AWS, Docker, Nomad
- Postgres, Clickhouse, Kafka
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.