Dispatch Operations Intern
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
The Dispatch Operations team at Voltus is looking for an Intern who is passionate about delivering MWs to the grid during dispatch events and when the grid needs resources the most! These dispatches are called when the grid needs Voltus to take action, and the Dispatch Operations team quickly activates our portfolio of MWs in various programs across North America. Our ideal candidate will work full time hours (35-40 per week) from November through May and is able to work between the hours of 9am - 5pm Eastern Time.
The Dispatch Operations Intern is eager to hone their skills by driving business operations during dispatch events through learning and applying the dispatch team toolkit. This Intern will play a central role in all things related to dispatch readiness, which includes customer onboarding, program management, and the dispatch process.
In this role, you will become knowledgeable about grid operators and utilities in North America, you will interact regularly with large industrial and commercial energy users, and you will build a foundation of operations experience across diverse systems and processes. You will have the opportunity to both lead tactical responsibilities and support strategic projects, and you will be part of an exceptional team that is laser focused on combating the climate crisis.
Primary Responsibilities - Support The Success Of Dispatch Events
- Dispatch Operations - We need a team player who can provide quick analysis and coaching to inbound and outbound calls and texts during dispatch events.
- Customer Focused - Provide real-time, actionable solutions to Voltus customers during grid emergencies to drive performance during dispatches.
- Energy Education - Become an expert on demand response programs across North America, and leverage this knowledge to support customers and internal teams during dispatches.
- Site Load Monitoring - Assess and adjust customers market offers in real time, monitor weather and pricing indicators, and assist with customer scheduling requests.
- Focused Projects - To be established based on your background, education and interests. You will have the opportunity to work with more senior members of the team on these projects.
- Reporting - Maintain reports and assists with taking action on the findings of these reports. Our reporting tools include Python, Redash, SQL, Salesforce, and Google Sheets/Excel, and we are looking for candidates with experience or in learning at least one of these tools.
- Performance - Ensure lessons learned are well documented and actioned in our post dispatch cases. Assist in continuously improving dispatch process and customer readiness.
- Account Management - Support customer onboarding by assisting in Dispatch Verification (DV) Scheduling and updating onboarding projects using Salesforce.
- Communication - Develop training materials for and teach others about the dispatch process. Mentor and guide upcoming interns, imparting your knowledge and helping them integrate into our team effectively.
- Bright, Gritty, and Good.
- Operations-minded; you adhere to “zero defect work”.
- You sweat the small stuff
- You show up ahead of time, every time
- You don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do.
- You have bias to action, ask questions, and learn.
- You are ambitious, resourceful, fun (!), dedicated, mission-driven and you seek out opportunities to deliver value and accept additional responsibility.
Our mission is to be a Distributed Energy Platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition we see happening in the world today. If you’d like to play a leading role in helping us achieve this mission, please complete the application form to let us know you are interested!
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.