IT Junior Systems Administrator
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2023
Are you interested in building the technical foundation of the worldwide transition to clean energy? Do you enjoy working with a highly motivated and talented team to support mission critical services, hardware and software? Voltus is growing our Information Technologies - IT team to help deploy, manage, troubleshoot, and enhance our internal/external Customer Support platform.
We’re looking for a results-oriented IT administrator to manage our company's computer infrastructure keeping the confidentiality, availability and Integrity of the information and IT-related systems. You will be upgrading and installing hardware and software, performing troubleshooting to resolve IT issues, and maintaining our support services inside the proper metrics.
You will be responsible for preparing, recovering, maintaining, and supporting our inventory of computer and IT resources that support a worldwide team of remote professionals.
To ensure success as an IT administrator, you should possess experience in IT administration and the ability to optimize the performance of our IT infrastructure. An accomplished IT administrator will be someone whose technical expertise results in enhanced IT system efficiency across company structures.
- Operates the Georgetown, Texas / Voltus Warehouse (hybrid presence is required).
- Perform computer maintenance.
- Prepare old and new computers with the Voltus Standard Security image.
- Custody and control of the company's assets.
- Monitor and report inventory stock levels.
- Support Service Desk tasks:
- Software configuration
- Requests for information - RFI.
- Phone calls to computer recipient / address validation.
- Support Onboarding and Offboarding process.
- Train end users in well-known practices and procedures.
- Maintain close contact with vendors' tech support areas.
- Maintain close contact with Voltus Operations and transportation carriers.
Key Skills and Attributes: Required
- High School degree.
- Industry grade information technologies certification such as CompTIA, MCP, etc.
- Experience performing computer maintenance including:
- Windows/MacOS Operating System.
- Hardware and internal components.
- Experience running a logistics computer program inside a Computer Lifecycle.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 tools.
- Experience with Google Workspace tools.
- Experience with Windows systems.
- Experience with Apple systems.
- Experience with Android systems.
Key Skills and Attributes: Preferred
- ITIL4 Foundation certification.
- Familiarity with Agile ceremonies, tools and techniques.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with Linux OS Systems
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.
See more open positions at Voltus
Something looks off?