Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2022
The Voltus Legal Team is growing and looking for a contracts specialist interested in pursuing a legal or contracts career and passionate about combating climate change. If you are a self-starter with laser-focus attention to detail who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to hear from you. You will work closely within the legal team and cross-functionally with a broad range of responsibilities including contract development, negotiation, execution, filing/administration, and issue resolution.
Voltus aims to be the distributed energy platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition. Voltus represents the “potential of us” to better manage energy through simple, cost and risk-free programs for distributed energy resources. Our commercial and industrial customers generate cash by allowing us to maximize the value of their operational flexibility in energy markets. What’s more, there are significant community benefits that accompany working with Voltus – a cleaner, more reliable energy future and dollars invested back into your business.
Voltus is a fully-remote company, however, the candidate must reside in the United States and be authorized to work in the United States
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide array of agreements including NDAs, customer agreements, amendments, channel partner agreements, partnership agreements, and vendor agreements
- Act as the point of contact for certificate of insurance requests, customer diligence requests, and other similar documentation
- Manage, update and create various contract templates
- Act as a point of contact and liaison for inter-departmental initiatives
- Field ad-hoc questions and requests from across the organization and assist in determining responses
- Conduct other contract, compliance, or corporate-related activities as assigned by other members of the legal team
- 5+ years experience in a corporate or contracts setting
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing requests in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter willing to assist others as needed
- Familiarity with commercial contract terms
- Strong reading comprehension, organizational and communications skills
- Comfortable working autonomously on a small team in a fully-remote environment
- Team player with a solutions-based attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Experience working in Google Drive, Salesforce, Adobe PDF, Ironclad, and DocuSign preferred but not required
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.