Senior Project Manager
We are looking for a passionate Senior Project Manager to join our team. As a critical member of our (Physical) Product team, and by extension also Operations, Commercialization, and Hardware teams, your primary responsibility will be to manage production and scaling processes in order to meet signed commercial contract obligations as they scale into production and beyond. We're looking for someone with experience in project management and interest in apparel production, who is excited about the risks and rewards of joining a Series A-funded startup.
unspun’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by 1% by revolutionizing the way we make clothes. We envision a world where every garment is made on-demand, eliminating overproduction and reconnecting people with the clothing they wear. We first launched our custom denim line to perfect our custom-fit algorithm and prove that our on-demand vision works. Next, we developed a 3D weaving technology, Vega™, that weaves yarns into garments in minutes, allowing for (almost) zero-waste, on-demand manufacturing.
Included in Time's Best Inventions & Fast Company's World Changing Ideas, unspun aims to rapidly transition the trillion-dollar apparel world into one that is more intentional, inclusive, and efficient by focusing on the overlap between sustainability and profitability.
You enjoy working on fast-paced and early-stage R&D and bringing high quality products to market. You enjoy wearing multiple hats and switching between different contexts. You are capable of working independently and in a team while being flexible, self-motivated, and curious. You have strong interpersonal skills and can help manage a complex program with competing needs from multiple sides of the organization. You are energized by working on big problems within an evolving R&D environment. You are strategic - determined but adaptable. You are organized - able to frame things in ways that are efficient and sensible. You are a clear communicator - great at inspiring others. You enjoy daily challenges and relish the successes. You are willing to think creatively and get your hands dirty to help the team meet aggressive timelines.
What You’ll Do
The core responsibility of this position is to manage unspun’s commercial projects - namely managing the internal execution of signed contracts. You will work across multiple teams, with emphasis on the product and operations teams, to realize the world’s first 3D woven products on the market.
- Develop detailed project plans, assign tasks and responsibilities to specific team members, and hold them accountable
- Work with internal and external groups to operate project plans, including meeting deadlines, identifying risks, and problem-solving
- Outline project scope ahead of time
- Monitor progress and deliverables, and consequently manage expectations
- Manage project budgets as relevant
- Work effectively across Product, Operations, Commercialization, and Hardware teams to keep all parties informed and projects on track
- Create and maintain documentation for internal communication and record keeping where needed
- Host brand partners at unspun headquarters for project sprints and working sessions
- Assist the commercialization team in defining project scopes with potential brand partners
- Develop and manage product requirements
- Own on-time delivery of outputs to meet contractual deadlines & identify blockers and solutions before they become significant issues