unspun is a robotics and digital apparel company building custom jeans for each consumer— on demand.
Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by 1% through automated, localized, and intentional manufacturing. Our revolutionary tech currently powers our award-winning brand (one of TIME's Best Inventions, PopSci’s Best of What’s New, and FastCo's World-Changing Ideas), a B2B software platform for digital customization, and a completely revolutionary method of additive and automated apparel production.
Recently included in Time's Best Inventions & Fast Company's World Changing Ideas, unspun aims to rapidly transition the trillion-dollar apparel world into one that is more intentional, inclusive, and efficient by focusing on the overlap between sustainability and profitability. We’re a fully vertical & fast-moving company supported by Josh Buckley, Lachy Groom, Fifty Years, Hyper, and SOSV.
We also happen to make the best-fitting jeans on the planet. 🌍
What We’re Building:
We’ve developed a proprietary and patent-pending technology at the crossroads of 3D printing and automated textile manufacturing. By skipping the flat 2D fabric stage, we can additively build custom apparel products from the ground up- straight from yarn to final product. At the same time, we're building the world's most technology-forward denim brand, and quickly picking up speed in both categories. If additive manufacturing, robotics, software, and fashion sound like a fun combination, we'd love to talk.
We are looking for analytic mind to help accelerate the fashion industry's transition to net zero.
We're looking for someone who's not afraid to get their hands dirty and learn a ton in a leadership support role, someone who's innately curious and good at problem-solving, someone who's intentional, detail-oriented but can also think out-of-the box to create and implement solutions within the fashion supply chain to the ins-and-outs of early-stage startup chaos.
You are likely equal part excel formula nerd and climate statistic junkie. You are curious about fashion, consumer and sustainability.
What You’ll Do:
- own and update financial models for unspun and business divisions
- help negotiate financing opportunities, e.g. venture debt or equipment financing
- analyze financial implication of business strategies, opportunities, and industry trends
- assist founders in business forecasting, budgeting, and target-setting
- assist in developing board and investor materials
- assist in developing regular financial reports, tracking budget across various departments
- thrive under tight timeframes
- degree/post-graduation study in business, finance or accounting
- 2+ years’ relevant work experience
- background in investment banking, private equity, consulting or accounting
- analytical, detail-oriented, and numbers-driven
- familiarity with US GAAP/IFRS is a big plus
- a passion in the cross-section of fashion, innovation and sustainability
- and is a loveable human being with an attitude and style
❗If you don't meet all of the requirements listed above, but can make up for it with a voracious passion to learn how to do so, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We won’t roll our eyes if your socks don’t match. We get it. But then, if you spend those extra few minutes in the morning matching your socks and shirt, we get that too. Our workspaces are sometimes spotless and sometimes chaotic, and we celebrate messy exploration. We work through complex problems but generate simple and elegant solutions. We strive to look at things differently, and never do anything solely because “that’s the way it’s always been done.”
We’re a team of designers and engineers, industry-veterans and serial entrepreneurs, artists and developers. We’re aspiring chess masters and climbers, bakers and photographers. Originally spun out of Stanford and the University of Colorado, we now call downtown San Francisco home, with strong ties to Hong Kong. We are looking for teammates who share our desire to work on ambitious problems and leave the world better than we found it.
unspun is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- self-regulated vacation policy
- comprehensive (gold & platinum) health/dental/vision insurance (or equivalent cash bonus if already insured)
- company sponsored 401k
- monthly gym membership or relevant online education grant of up to $150/month
- pre-tax commuter benefits
- incentive stock options
Something looks off?