About Trove Recommerce
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. Trove is the market leader in branded resale and trade-in for world-class brands and retailers such as Canada Goose, lululemon, Patagonia, REI, Levi’s, Arc’teryx, Allbirds, and more. Through its proprietary Recommerce Operating System, Trove is accelerating the shift toward more sustainable business models, foundational for circularity. Over the last decade, Trove has equipped leading brands with technology and operations to create and scale branded resale programs by enabling customer trade-in of items, single-SKU identification and condition grading, site build and maintenance, and customer data collection, analytics and reporting. A Certified B Corporation, Trove is pioneering a new era of retail essential to a more sustainable future.
About the Analytics Engineer
In this role, you will enable Trove to use data to solve new and challenging problems in the fastest-growing segment of the retail industry. As an Analytics Engineer, you’ll join a team of Analysts and Analytics Engineers working together to build a best-in-class Analytics function. You will build user-friendly, high performing data models; add to documented best practices; and make architectural decisions to improve critical data processing. You will work to improve our data platform’s reliability, resiliency, and scalability in order to support our data analysts and data scientists directly, and all of our data stakeholders indirectly.
Our team is empowered to solve problems and make business recommendations independently, but also collaborates to design creative solutions to tough problems, offer and receive constructive feedback, and pair on thorny technical challenges. Our current data tooling includes Redshift, Snowflake, dbt, Looker, Stitch and Hex as well as AWS tools like DMS and S3.
- Interface with data analysts, data scientists, and all data stakeholders to understand their needs, engineer solutions and promote best practices
- Build, manage, scale, and optimize our data pipelines, automated jobs, and integrations
- Extend and optimize the current data pipeline to help assemble complex data sets to address a diverse set of business and data analytics requests. We use off-the-shelf solutions like Stitch where we can, but occasionally need to build custom integrations as well
- Evolve tools, best practices and processes to enable the data team to monitor daily execution, diagnose and log issues, and fix pipelines to ensure SLAs are met with internal and external stakeholders
- Vet tools and technologies for the most viable solution for each problem at hand. Manage the selected tools
- Ensure focus on code and data quality within the data team. Partner with analysts to fine-tune queries of large, complex data sets
- Design and implement data models using our event tracking data (from Heap) to create tables that are fast and easy for analysts and our BI tooling (Looker) to use to answer questions about the user experience
- Manage changes driven by feature evolution in Trove's transactional software solution
- Work with Machine Learning Engineers to acquire (using public APIs, scraping) and model external data to be used in machine learning models
- You are energized by the thought of working across a wide array of technologies, project types, and stakeholders
- You have a product-focused mindset. You enjoy digging deep into business requirements and architecting systems that will scale and extend to accommodate those needs
- You have strong overall programming skills, and are able to write modular, maintainable code (in dbt, python or another scripting language)
- You have a deep understanding of SQL
- You have strong communication skills, including communicating complex technical information to a non-technical audience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with dbt is a big plus
- Familiarity and experience with Looker is also a plus
Bonus points if you have...
- Redshift cluster management and query optimization
- Snowflake experience
- Data acquisition tools including AWS DMS, Stitch and Fivetran
- Terraform and Ansible
- Familiarity with a data orchestration tool such as Airflow or Prefect
- Experience working with machine learning systems
Why Work Here?
- Flexible Remote Workplace - Trove’s flexible schedule and remote workplace allows employees to take control over their schedule, which is invaluable when it comes to attending to the needs of personal and work life needs.
- Open PTO - Our flexible vacation company policy allows employees to take as much leave as they need. Employees need time to rest and enjoy themselves outside work. Putting a cap on this important time doesn’t help our effort to achieve high levels of employee satisfaction and productivity.
- 401K- Employees can set aside pre-tax dollars to invest in a qualified retirement investment plan with a company match.
- Medical- Trove covers 100% of employee monthly premium.
- Equity/Share Options - The longer the employee works, the more stocks become available to purchase.
- Learning Fund- Exempt employees have access to a pool of funds to support execution of their self-development goals and objectives.
- Partner Discounts- Enjoy eligibility for Pro Accounts and various partner discounts from Patagonia, Arcteryx and Eileen FIsher
- Mission Driven- Work alongside passionate people to build the leading recommerce infrastructure and the circular economy.
Trove is committed to creating an equitable and transparent workplace. The annual compensation range for this position is $94,660-$137,413 plus competitive bonus and equity. Final compensation will be determined based on experience, location and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Trove requires all employees to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.