Fusion Energy Engineering Intern Program
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
About Thea Energy:
Thea Energy is leveraging recent breakthroughs in stellarator physics and engineering to create a faster and simpler approach to commercializing fusion energy. The company is reinventing the stellarator using computer-controlled arrays of planar coils thereby replacing the intricate, complex modular magnets required in all other stellarator architectures. Thea Energy is on a mission to create a limitless source of zero emission energy for a sustainable future.
Fusion Energy Engineering Intern Program:
We are looking for talented technical interns to join our stellar team (for the summer or during the school year)!
- Summer 12-16 week internship program and/or flexible school year internship
- For school year internships, expected time dedication is flexible with an hourly salary and tailored to your academic schedule
- High-temperature superconducting magnet engineering, manufacturing, and testing
- Cryogenic and vacuum systems
- Instrumentation and diagnostic systems
- Electrical and control systems engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Various modeling, simulation, and data analysis roles including but not limited to COMSOL, ANSYS, Python, MATLAB, LabVIEW
- Opportunities vary between on-site at our labs in Kearny, NJ and remote
- Candidates will have personalized mentorship directly from technical and management teams
Project assignments are based on existing team needs at the time and may include, but not limited to:
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Enrolled in a STEM undergraduate or graduate program (mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, materials science, electrical engineering, etc.)
- Interest in clean and sustainable energy to combat climate change
- Hands-on or computational experience through academic research, club projects, hackathons, or industry internships
- Highly self-motivated, independent, and driven to solve problems
- Authorized to work in the US
- Willingness to learn new things!
It’s not necessary to meet all of the skillsets outlined above. Please feel free to send us a note and tell us why you would still be a great fit for this role or Thea Energy.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Thea Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a company of diverse backgrounds. By creating a diverse environment, we will bring new ideas and approaches to solving some of the world’s hardest (and most important) problems. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, family or marital status, age, disability, veteran’s status, or other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.