Kearny, NJ, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
About Thea Energy:
Thea Energy is leveraging recent breakthroughs in stellarator physics and engineering to create a faster and simpler approach to commercializing fusion energy. The company is reinventing the stellarator using computer-controlled arrays of planar coils thereby replacing the intricate, complex modular magnets required in all other stellarator architectures. Thea Energy is on a mission to create a limitless source of zero emission energy for a sustainable future.
Thea Energy is looking for an organized, highly motivated Office Manager to support the Company’s lab and office while also managing a number of ongoing internal operations. This candidate will interact with the Company’s finance & operations and technical teams to assist in lab and business operations. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and the ideal candidate must be able to move quickly. The Thea Energy team is comprised of self-motivated, creative, and fun individuals with an excitement for solving complex problems.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of Thea Energy’s Kearny, NJ headquarters
- Support the Company’s executive team and assisting in special projects as needed
- Manage Company purchasing from technical and non-technical vendors
- Maintain and organize Company records
- Ensure that the labs and offices are well-maintained and equipped with necessary supplies and equipment
- Assist in managing HR-related tasks including new employee onboarding and logistics
- Assist in implementing office policies and procedures
- Identify areas for process improvement and efficiency enhancement
Ideal Experience & Skillsets:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Office management and administrative experience
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to execute and flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional work ethic
- Ability to wear many different hats
- Team player who is excited to help others
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits (e.g. medical/dental/vision)
- Employee equity stock options
- Open vacation policies
- Work-life balance
It’s not necessary to meet all of the skillsets outlined above. Please feel free to send us a note and tell us why you would still be a great fit for this role or Thea Energy.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Thea Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a company of diverse backgrounds. By creating a diverse environment, we will bring new ideas and approaches to solving some of the world’s hardest (and most important) problems. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, family or marital status, age, disability, veteran’s status, or other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.