Senior Cement Production Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Job Description Summary: Engineers at Solidia Technologies on the Technology Team work on projects that support the development of Solidia Cement and Concrete into commercially viable applications. Engineers are responsible for leading assigned projects that enable the enhancement of the physical properties and performance of our material. The Senior Cement Production Engineer will serve as the technical expert for all aspects of cement production including selection of raw materials, clinker production, cement grinding, and quality control. General Duties:
- Work with members of the Technology Team and Management to identify commercially aligned projects and work plans.
- Manage research projects that combine or modify materials in different ways to improve the performance, durability and cost-effectiveness of processes and products.
- Develop and coordinate research projects to refine the scale-up of our technology into commercial processes meeting the client specifications for end use products.
- Schedule the activities for assigned projects with technical staff.
- Analyze data using appropriate computer software.
- Document results in comprehensive, well-written project reports.
- Make creative and innovative recommendations for product/process improvements as well as future research efforts based on observations, data, and knowledge.
- Identify other areas for opportunity and propose projects aligned with company commercial goals.
- Additional assignments as needed.
- Comply with Health, Safety, & Environmental policies and procedures.
- Lead the development, calibration, and sustainment of manufacturing processes.
- Mentor junior engineering staff and technicians.
- Draft standard operating procedures.
- Provide guidance and insight into process improvement.
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrated expertise with all aspects of cement production (raw materials, pre-heating, calcining/rotary kiln operation, grinding, etc.)
- Expansive knowledge of cement production process design, operation, and tuning
- Ability to independently provide guidance regarding all aspects of the cement production process
- Ability to think strategically, to design, plan and manage projects
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Critical thinking, logical planning, and the ability to draw conclusions from data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to draft project reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before small groups
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to achieve pre-determined goals
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of supplemental cementitious materials (fly ash, slag, etc.) and applications for concrete is a plus
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 25lbs
- On site TXHQ (Texas Headquarters) 5003 Eisenhauer Ste 101, San Antonio, TX 78218
- Full Time
- In Office
- 10 plus years’ experience in cement manufacturing and operation
- BA in Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or related field
- Maters in Engineering a plus
- 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA
- Company Paid HRA, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Solidia Technologies, Inc. is an EEO employer. The above information is a summary description of the job at Solidia Technologies. The details reflected herein may not fully represent the entire scope of the assignment. The employer reserves the right to adjust duties and/or compensation at any time during employment with the Company. Solidia Technologies employs at-will.