Senior Concrete Laboratory Technician
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Job Description Summary: A senior technician with experience in testing cement and concrete materials to various standards per ASTM, ACI, AASHTO, and other governing bodies. The ideal candidate has a post-secondary degree, preferably in Concrete Industry Management, a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in cement and concrete testing in a laboratory or industrial setting, and a familiarity with ready-mixed concrete production.The senior concrete laboratory technician is responsible for conducting standardized and non-standardized testing of concrete materials to advance research and development projects. Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to plan and execute experimental programs. Can assess concrete and material properties using relevant ASTM standards, as well as proportion, mix, form, and cure said materials for testing. The position is also responsible for operation and maintenance of test equipment in the laboratory, as well as laboratory organization, cleanliness, and safety. General Duties:
- Ensures a safe work environment by following Solidia Technologies health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Executes testing activity planned by the team by conducting various cement paste, mortar, and concrete tests including: preparation of test materials; designing and mixing paste, mortar, and concrete; molding of specimens; operation of test equipment; and interpretation of results. Plans testing projects and provides training and oversight for junior technicians.
- Maintains laboratory and test facilities and manages sample testing queues and long-term testing projects.
- Maintains and records data and notes as required.
- Works with a team to ensure timely testing and communication of results.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Post-secondary education required, preferably a BS in Concrete Industry Management or other concrete materials related degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in cement and concrete testing.
- Proficiency in ASTM test methods related to measurement of mortar and concrete fresh properties and performance, including C39, C109, C128, C138, C143, C192, C231, C305, C403.
- Working knowledge of ASTM test methods related to durability includingC666, C1012, C1202, C1260, C1567, and C1876.
- Professional certifications (Such as ACI) preferred.
- On site TXHQ (Texas Headquarters) 5003 Eisenhauer Ste 101, San Antonio, TX 78218
- Full Time
- Solidia Technologies, Inc. is an EEO employer. The above information is a summary description of the job at Solidia Technologies. The details reflected herein may not fully represent the entire scope of the assignment. The employer reserves the right to adjust duties and/or compensation at any time during employment with the Company. Solidia Technologies employs at-will.