Concrete Laboratory Technician
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Job Description Summary: A technician with experience in testing cement and concrete materials to various standards per ASTM, ACI, and other governing bodies. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years, preferably more, hands-on experience in cement and concrete testing in a laboratory or industrial setting as well as familiarity with both ready-mix and dry-cast concrete production.The concrete laboratory technician is responsible for executing testing of concrete materials to ensure they conform to standards and to inform research and development projects. The technician works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to plan and execute experimental programs related to the development of concrete products. Assessment of concrete and material properties using relevant ASTM standards, as well as proportioning, mixing, forming, and curing said materials for testing are a major component of the position. General Duties:
- Ensures a safe work environment by following Solidia Technologies health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Executes testing activity planned by the team by conducting various cement, mortar, and concrete tests including preparation of test materials, preparation of concrete specimens, operation of production machinery, and operation and interpretation of various test equipment.
- Execution of concrete production or testing tasks according to standard operating procedures or testing standards
- Maintains laboratory and test facilities. Maintains and records data and notes as required.
- Works with a team to ensure timely testing and communication of results.
- Previous experience in cement and concrete testing at least 2 years
- Experience in pre-cast or dry-cast concrete a plus
- Technical degree/experience preferred
- High School diploma required
- Professional certifications (Such as ACI) preferred.
- Working knowledge of ASTM test methods (eg: C39, C109, C140, C666, C1260, C1645) preferred.
- Solidia Technologies, Inc. is an EEO employer. The above information is a summary description of the job at Solidia Technologies. The details reflected herein may not fully represent the entire scope of the assignment. The employer reserves the right to adjust duties and/or compensation at any time during employment with the Company. Solidia Technologies employs at-will.