Sense is a fast-growing greentech scale-up based in Cambridge, MA. We build smart home monitoring systems to help people take command of their energy usage, saving money while combating climate change.
Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient, and we’re looking to make an impact at scale: Sense’s technology has the potential to remove one gigaton of carbon from the atmosphere every year.
When you join the Sense team, you’re helping us build a cleaner, more resilient future. We are at an exciting stage of growth, with 2023 poised to grow our reach to more consumers and new audiences.
If this sounds interesting to you, keep reading and let’s talk!
We are looking for an innovative, data-driven and strategic Web Manager who will be responsible for helping to lead innovation and optimization of our global website.
This role will help lead cross-functional teams to build scalable web templates, playbooks and governance, using quantitative and qualitative data to inform hypotheses and recommendations.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and the ability to foster close relationships with cross-functional partners.
This role reports to the Creative Director of Brand Marketing and is remote-friendly.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help lead web cross-functional team (Design, Marketing, Engineering and external partners) to ensure our website runs safely and smoothly, and drive development of new desktop and mobile pages from conceptualization through design, development, launch, and post-launch
- Connect the dots between multiple business goals, user needs, market trends, and new or relevant digital technologies across devices and channels to build forward-thinking solutions that drive customer loyalty and/or operational efficiencies
- Manage agencies for development and design support on larger projects
- Maintain web roadmap
- Communicate effectively on project status, risks, and updates
- Drive SEO execution
- Develop and report on web KPIs
- Establish project priorities and triage which projects will have resources applied to them
- Effectively coordinating with department leads to outline expectations and deliverables for projects
- Make practical decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve our experience
Bonus points if:
- You can support the creative team to help conceptualize, plan and manage asset creation, such as photo and video shoots.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience managing external multilingual websites for D2C and B2B companies
- 3+ years of Web Manager experience, managing outsourced development teams
- 3+ years project management experience (critical!)
- 3+ years of experience using Google Analytics
- 3+ years experience working with engineers in PHP (Nice to have)
- Wordpress, Multisite, Elementor and Shopify experience
- Experience with SEO and A/B testing (split-testing) and relevant tools
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects successfully
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented, strong project and budget manager with a successful track record of meeting deadlines
- Experience optimizing for responsive design
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of Graphic Design
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Motivated and dependable team player
Sense supports a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work. Sense is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Sense is a growing VC-backed scale up with an experienced leadership team and revolutionary machine learning technology.
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks/year + 1 week paid sick time
- Paid parental leave (5 weeks or more depending on location)
- Dependent Care Accounts
- Generous healthcare benefits for employees and dependents
- Medical (90% of the premium and first 50% of the deductible)
- Dental (90%)
- Vision (100%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, long- and short-term disability insurance (100%)
- 401k plan with attractive company match
- Free Sense energy monitor for your home, discounts for friends and family