Senior Facility Project Engineer
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. The company’s next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.
We’re hiring a Senior Project Engineer / Project Manager in facilities to help build out a world-class R&D and pilot-production facility at QuantumScape. You will join a team charged with ensuring the company can rapidly scale its operations to commercialize the company’s groundbreaking energy storage technology.
We are highly interested in candidates with a background in engineering, construction management, facilities maintenance to own our capital expansion projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordination and tracking of all projects located at our 5-building campus in San Jose.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Coordinate multiple projects of critical importance to QuantumScape's future, including process & utility piping, faculty space expansions, and installation of first-of-its-kind equipment
- Establish and track project timeline, craft the procedures used to guide projects from kick-off through successful qualification & commissioning
- Be the go-to person for all things related to project execution: you will help the team stay organized, on schedule and on the same page throughout each project's lifecycle
- Identify and communicate schedule risks to help our team meet production ramp-up
- Lead project meetings: set the agenda, guide the discussion, take notes and follow up on action items
- Effectively communicate project status to all interested team members, including senior management, internal customers including senior scientists, and external contractors and service providers.
- Drive frequent, open communication with a diverse team of internal and external partners, from scientists to vendors to senior management, as you help deliver hugely meaningful improvements to our capabilities
- Develop and scaffold team members in project management practices, regardless of experience level
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience specifying, installing, and closing out installation of manufacturing equipment
- Working understanding of construction timelines and WBS for installation of industrial equipment
- Proficiency in preparing scheduling tools and project charters
- Familiarity with City of San Jose permitting requirements is a benefit
- Thrive in a multi-faceted, technically-challenging environment, and quickly adapt to changes.
- A good communicator and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team to tackle complex challenges.
- Able to multi-task with excellent time management.
- Share a real passion for our mission.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in engineering, construction management, or another technical field
- You have a proven ability to coordinate multiple concurrent projects across diverse teams
- You are organized, pay attention to the details, and have excellent project management skills
- You are an outstanding communicator that can empathize with others while still holding them accountable
- Experience in an engineering subject area helps but is not required
The mid-point salary for this role is 134,400 with flexibility based to customize a salary based on a candidate's experience level. QuantumScape also offers an annual bonus and a generous RSU/Equity package as part of its compensation plan. In addition, we do offer a tremendous benefits plan including employee paid health care, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and other exciting perks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
See more open positions at QuantumScape
Something looks off?