Electrical Assembly Technician
Pyka is seeking a talented Electrical Assembly Technician to join our team as we revolutionize autonomous electric aircraft. Your expertise will play a critical role in assembling the intricate electrical subsystems in our aircraft. You’ll face exciting challenges as you help build first iteration hardware and have the immense satisfaction of seeing your work take flight. In this dynamic role, you’ll work closely with engineers to assemble and test complex electrical components, ensuring precision and reliability.
Pyka’s goal is to provide society with a new form of safe, clean, and cost-effective transportation enabled by autonomous electric aviation.
To get there, we’re taking a different approach than most. We're applying our technologies to every industry where autonomous electric aircraft can be useful, starting with the highest value and most dangerous jobs. In doing so, we're building game-changing products manufactured at scale, while perfecting the safety, reliability, and capabilities of our autonomy engine and electric propulsion systems.
We design, develop and manufacture an ecosystem of technologies including proprietary flight control software, avionics, high power density motors, motor controllers, batteries, and custom carbon-fiber composite airframes.
Today, we supply autonomous electric aircraft for cargo transport and crop protection to real-world customers across four separate continents and have secured industry-first regulatory approvals from the FAA.
Our cargo aircraft enables remote connectivity, enhances express delivery networks, and ensures fast and reliable shipping of critical supplies to areas in need. Our crop protection aircraft offers agricultural services providers and farmers an autonomous tool to make aerial application safer, more precise, and less harmful to surrounding environments. Both vehicles are highly economical to operate, easy to deploy, and significantly reduce C02 emissions in their respective industries.
What you work on at Pyka makes people’s lives better now and brings the future of electric aviation one step closer each day.
- Perform incoming quality checks on production material
- Assemble electrical/mechanical subsystems following work instructions
- Perform quality checks on assemblies as they go through the production process
- Facilitate end-of-line testing on electrical subsystems such as motor controllers, batteries, and flight computers
- Build wire harnesses and test setups based on wiring diagrams and CAD drawings
- Write and update work instructions in our MES
- Prepare and submit bug reports on quality issues during assembly
- Maintain the production space and keep equipment operational and orderly
- Be comfortable and safe working with batteries, high voltage, and spinning motors
- 2-4+ years of experience with electrical/mechanical assemblies and building wiring harnesses based on schematics and work instructions
- Electronic bench testing experience with PCBs using digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Basic high voltage safety knowledge and comfortable working on 120 VDC, 20 ~ 30 kW systems
- Familiarity with basic hand tools: drills, screw drivers, pliers, etc.
- Ability to follow instructions, both written and verbal, to carefully assemble electronic subsystems containing a variety of electrical and mechanical components
- Experience inspecting and ensuring quality of electrical subsystems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate is not afraid to ask for clarification or give feedback
- Detail oriented documentation skills (writing procedures/ documenting test results)
- $65,000–$85,000 per year base salary + equity. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Salary ranges are subject to change.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
- FSA with employer matching
- Paid holidays, generous PTO, and additional unpaid time off
- Voluntary short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
Export Control Requirements
This position requires access to technology, software and other information that is subject to governmental access control restrictions, due to export controls. Employment in this position is conditioned on the continued availability of government authorization to authorize release of such items, to the extent required, including without limitation an export license, or other documentation required to establish authorization to receive access to such items.
Company may delay commencement of employment, rescind an offer of employment, terminate employment, and/or may modify job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and/or access to Company facilities and information systems, as Company deems appropriate, in order to ensure compliance with applicable government access control restrictions.
We do not work with external recruiters; if you are an external recruiter, please do not reach out.