IT Systems Support Technician - ON-SITE
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking an IT Systems Support Technician to join our Corporate Engineering Team. This position requires being on-site in our San Francisco office!
- Work with internal clients to identify and resolve issues with their desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and connectivity.
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Work closely with the People and Facilities Teams to onboard new hires, including procurement of equipment as well as account creation and software installation.
- Create, maintain, and support company-wide applications and services.
What You Bring:
- 2+ years experience in desktop support or similar role
- Experience installing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS X, or Debian-based operating systems such as Ubuntu, and a willingness to learn the others
- Experience with A/V equipment
- Experience with company All Hands support
- Experience with inventory management
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems
- Triage trouble tickets and resolve them or route them to the proper team
- Solid experience with Google Workspace and Microsoft Active Directory
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and pinpoint problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work calmly and methodically in a high-pressure situation
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a team environment with customer service and service-oriented focus
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with SimpleMDM, Jamf, or MDS end-user management platforms
- Experience with Python, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $73,300 - $91,600. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Something looks off?