Director of Channel Partnerships, EMEA & APJ
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Channel Partnerships, EMEA & APJ to join our Channel Partnerships team and scale business growth. This individual is responsible for leading a team of Partner Managers as they build and develop partnerships.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Define geo channel partnerships strategy based on Planet’s definitive target markets, key verticals and ideal partner profile. Drive growth by introducing creative ideas about programs, sales strategies, and studies to break into new areas and grow existing ones
- Manage the business relationships with the key partners in the region and ensure partners in the ecosystem are conducting business to Planet’s company standards
- Lead a team of Partner Managers as they build and manage their partner portfolios, ensuring that they have the right coverage and mix of partner types to support their regions (Solution partners, Platform providers, Strategic Integrators and Cloud partners)
- Establish and implement process, criteria, and controls for selection, management and performance of channel partners
- Partner with our Partner Engagement team to ensure partners are properly enabled and trained to sell and service our full range of products across the Geo
What You Bring:
- 10+ years of sales experience including managing channel partnerships
- Excellent leadership and management skills, as well as sales leadership
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding channel revenue growth targets
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a high-growth culture
- Excellent communicator with presentation, speaking, and writing skills
- Data-driven and results focused with a customer-centric mindset
- Excellent market research and prospecting skills
- The ability to coach channel partnerships teams on a solution selling sales methodology
- Ability to travel as needed
- Degree or equivalent business experience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working with geospatial imagery and/or GIS software companies
- Trained in/experienced of value selling e.g., Force Management
- A excellent understanding of home working and the motivation to stay on track
- MBA or advanced degree
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Something looks off?