Executive Assistant to CEO
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
We are seeking a detail-oriented and collaborative executive assistant to support Planet’s CEO/Co-founder. This is a unique opportunity to provide direct support to the CEO of a growing public company in the aerospace industry. You would be the fuel that helps power Planet’s most senior leader, and you would report directly to the CEO!
The ideal candidate is highly motivated by challenges, enjoys teamwork, and tackles jobs with gusto. You believe that Planet’s mission of helping life on Earth can be expressed in every function you own. You are a problem solver and deliver results seamlessly and accurately with little direction. You have the mentality that no task is too big or too small.
This is a hybrid role, so you would work from the San Francisco office 3 days a week. There are weekly 8am meetings on Mondays and Tuesdays in the office, and your presence will be required on Thursdays as well. The CEO values in-person time and communicating with his assistant throughout the day.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Ensuring that the CEO is as organized as possible and that his focus is on the business
- Providing superb calendar management, prioritizing tasks and methodically organizing requests, ensuring smooth day-to-day operations
- Setting agendas for executive meetings (2x/week), attending executive meetings, and taking detailed notes, with summarized feedback for the CEO
- Organizing the CEO’s contacts to help him stay connected with key stakeholders
- Acting as a liaison across departments, working closely with Planet’s executive assistant team to triage work and coordinate deliverables across company goals and priorities
- Preparing for board meetings and large business conferences
What You Bring:
- Minimum of 8 years experience supporting C-levels and/or VPs, ideally supporting a CEO
- Experience working at a very fast-paced public company and/or startup
- Availability/flexibility - your work hours will depend on the needs of the business and the CEO, at times outside of normal business hours
- A true desire to control chaos and the resourcefulness to make it happen
- Excellent work ethic and desire to deliver quality work
- Excellent follow-up skills and desire to manage up
- Discernment - the ability to determine which of all priorities is highest
- Professional demeanor and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work well autonomously and with little supervision
- Detail focus - from transportation to flights to meetings, ensuring all details are correct and all components are carefully managed for CEO’s schedule
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack, DocuSign
- Experience scheduling meetings in multiple time zones
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to comprehend and give instructions
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Urgency barometer: the ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- An appreciation of humankind, including understanding ways to express and communicate with a variety of people (We are all in this together)
- Teamwork mentality while working with other assistants to coordinate busy schedules
- Willingness to ask questions, learn and have a keen sense of curiosity
A Typical Week May Include:
- Managing dynamic calendar and meeting requests for the CEO, involving multiple time zones
- Reviewing CEO’s email and sending email on his behalf
- Interacting with Board members and high profile visitors
- Arranging complex domestic and international travel (flights, hotels, public transportation)
- Setting agendas for weekly executive meetings, attending meetings and noting action items
- Working with other Executive Operations Partners to schedule meetings
- Submitting and approving expenses
- Planning a large onsite meeting and helping things run smoothly on the day of the onsite
- Coordinating with CEO’s personal assistant regarding any of CEO’s personal needs
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $115,000 - $165,000. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Know Your Rights.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.