Sales Intern - Indiana
About Pivot Bio:
At Pivot Bio, we are working together to transform agriculture, finding smarter, more sustainable and, ultimately, more profitable ways for farmers to grow. Working with and for farmers, we’re using cutting-edge science to create a microbial nitrogen for the world’s most vital crops. We are replacing synthetic fertilizers with a more sustainable, nature-driven plant nutrition that benefits farmers, consumers and the planet.
Position: Sales Intern
As a member of the commercial business team, you will develop an understanding of customer needs by engaging growers and sales reps. You will have the opportunity to gain product and technical expertise by working with our agronomy team in the field; refine your communication, presentation, and leadership skills by participating in field days and training sessions. Territory managers will coach and mentor you to help achieve your development goals. You will get the opportunity to work side-by-side existing Territory Sales Managers and Regional Sales Leaders to understand the job of furthering our sales objectives. Each intern will have a specific project for the summer and will present the project to leadership at the end of the internship.
- Make visits to customers and channel partner
- Attend team meetings virtually and in person throughout the summer
- Collect in field data to demonstrate product viability and customer satisfaction
- Assist in training growers on technical problem investigation and solution implementation
- Credibly, openly, and accurately communicate capabilities as well as limitations of Pivot Bio products
- Assist with continual product improvement by working closely with the Commercial Agronomists doing in field sampling and observations
- Walking, sampling, and working in production corn fields with varying summer elements
- Driving between farm sites and other locations as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet commitments which could include long days and weekend
Regularly lifting objects (up to 60 lbs.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or higher degree in Agribusiness, and/or related field
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage time and execute on assigned responsibilities
- Must live in assigned territory
- Must be at least 20 years old for rental car purposes
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, i.e., heat, humidity, rain, cold, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to drive or ride in a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Seasonally the workday may be expanded to allow for tasks to be completed.
- Exposure to dust and pollen likely
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Opportunity to gain professional experience in a progressive company
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team