Revenue and Accounts Receivable Manager
About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our products harness the power of naturally occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops and new sustainable ways for farmers to reduce the usage of synthetic fertilizers as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
Position: Revenue & Accounts Receivable Manager
Location: Ames, IA, with a hybrid work schedule
Pivot Bio is looking for an experienced Manager, Revenue and AR, to join our accounting team. This position will be based in Ames, IA, with a hybrid work schedule with 2 days in office (Tuesday & Thursday) and 3 days from home/remote.
Reporting to Director of Revenue Operations, this position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of Pivot Bio’s revenue and AR accounting, including operational management of AR processes, including invoicing, cash application, and management of AR aging. This is a high visibility position with interactions and dependencies with Corporate Accounting, Sales, Finance, Customer Success team, and our external audit partner.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of revenue accounting, preferably in agricultural environment, combined with knowledge of billing operations and related accounting processes, the financial close processes, controls/SOX, reviews, systems, and project management, in a publicly traded company environment. In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and business partnership skills, have a strong work ethic, be committed to continuous learning and improvement, a strong desire to drive change and provide outstanding customer service in a fast-paced environment.
In this role the employee will:
- Oversee and develop a high-performing revenue and billing team, investing in others to help them grow, creating a positive working environment, and collaborating cross-functionally.
- Lead the month-end close process for revenue, AR and related areas to ensure they are recorded timely and properly in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to review and evaluate impact of sales agreements terms and conditions for revenue recognition
- Partnering with Director of Technical Accounting and SEC reporting, research accounting guidance and prepare technical memos to document Company’s position on revenue transactions.
- Oversee the billing team, and ensure timeliness and correctness of customer invoicing, including refunds and invoice adjustments, and customer refunds
- Oversee the cash application process, and ensure timeliness and correctness of cash application
- Manage AR aging, in partnership with Collections team
- Support FP&A in revenue forecasting
- Manage SOX processes and controls within assigned areas of responsibility; actively identify any gaps and/or new controls required and takes action to remediate any deficiencies
- Support annual audit process within assigned areas of responsibility
- Job will involve mostly office and computer-based work
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, or fingers
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Communicating with others to exchange information
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of accounting experience, including minimum of 2 years in leadership role in managing revenue preferably in a public company
- Superior management skills with demonstrated experience building and developing a revenue accounting function.
- Extensive knowledge of ASC 606
- ERP experience, preferably NetSuite, and SalesForce experience
- Strong understanding of and experience with SOX, preparing, reviewing, and owning controls and narrative updates in areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including written communication, to establish and maintain strong working relationships and effective interactions across functional areas and with senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, CPA preferred
- Experience in managing billing and AR functions desired
- Knowledge of agricultural industry a plus
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
*Internal employees, please apply by clicking on the Internal Job Board icon on NSIDER