Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
The Sales Executive role is an opportunity to drive the company’s sales growth by engaging with, and technically supporting, large end-customers as well as select strategic integration & solution partners to ensure the proper system design and application of Natron’s innovative Prussian Blue sodium-ion batteries. We all wear a lot of hats at Natron, so if you prefer selling and working on the same thing every day with well-defined tasks, this is not for you. We need an all-around technically astute sales professional with large enterprise and colocation data center experience. One comfortable with DC and AC power systems, can size batteries, strings, battery cabinets, and turn-key battery plants for applications ranging from traditional data center UPS, single and 3-phase, to industrial power systems with power levels in the MW-class. In the process, you will be qualifying commercial opportunities, developing a sales pipeline, forecasting, quoting, and closing orders. This is a high-visibility, high-impact role reporting to the VP Sales and your work developing new accounts and applications will be understood and recognized by the executive team. The successful candidate will demonstrate their comfort with a wide range of activities, an eagerness to get their hands dirty, and a cross-the-finish-line work ethic. This role offers the opportunity to grow your career and experience with Natron in a number of different directions.
- Identify, qualify, and technically support new applications, markets, and end-customers for Natron via direct sales and via our channel/integration partners.
- Grow Natron’s sales pipeline, build and manage large end-customer relationships, and close orders to achieve personal sales goals and objectives.
- As needed train other members of the sales team, including channel/integration partners on the technical and commercial aspects of the company's products and services.
- Develop, organize and manage responses to customer request for information (RFIs), proposals (RFPs), and quotations. Enter, manage, and update company CRM and related Excel tracking and reporting files.
- Manage day-to-day activities to achieve sales objectives and personal KPIs with the focus on driving Natron to a multi-billion-dollar status.
- Support tradeshows, conferences, and other sales/marketing events as requested by Natron management to identify and grow the end-customer base.
- Engage with the Product Engineering and Technology teams providing feedback on customer requirements, specifications, applications, and provide guidance and technical recommendations to best align Natron’s products and resources to win the business.
- Assist the VP Sales and Marketing or other Natron staff as needed on Natron marketing materials, sales presentations, and customer FAQs.
Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, electrical preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of sales engineering experience deploying AC or DC power systems and/or batteries in data center applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint for customer presentations and one or more CRM systems (Salesforce preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, with a team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work in a dynamic start-up environment where initiative, creativity, risk-taking, and ownership are a must.
- Eastern US area is a must. This role involves frequent travel ~50%. Candidate ideally in a major metro market such as Raleigh or Atlanta. Travel to Natron’s Santa Clara headquarters will be necessary for periodic sales meetings and customer visits.
- Some Pacific Time or working outside traditional business hours may be required to support customer engagements.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Our battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Our initial products target markets exceeding twenty-five billion dollars including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. We have additional products in development for larger markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Our products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes all from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org