Senior Operational Excellence Engineer
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Natron Energy is seeking an experienced Six Sigma Black Belt for a Senior Operational Excellence Engineer. This role will lead the team in data analytics for high-volume manufacturing and process control.
The Senior Operational Excellence Engineer will be responsible to drive process capability and improvement through statistical analysis, team training and mentoring, and indirect leadership. This role will engage with the process engineering, quality, operations, and data reliability teams to implement best practices for process optimization, Six Sigma, SPC, and cause-effect correlation.
Must Have Skills:
- 10+ years in engineering, operations, or quality roles.
- 5+ years in a focused Six Sigma Black Belt role with minimum of (10) Six Signa projects completed using DMAIC methodology.
- Deep expertise in manufacturing and process capability, root cause analysis, SPC, data analysis for continuous improvement, and quality control.
- Extensive experience in structured DOE planning and execution.
- Measurement System analysis including Gage R&R, Calibration Methods, and analysis of related factors such as Bias, Linearity, Correlation, and Precision to Tolerance.
- Experience using MES systems to data mine and uncover process change events, root causes, statistical shifts in process performance, and correlations across processing areas.
- Knowledgeable in the use of MES systems to automate SPC, Control Charts, Run Charts, and related automated reporting.
- Expertise with root cause methodologies such as Kepner-Tregoe, 5-Why, Ishikawa, and similar.
- Experience with development and launch of new products and processes, and the related validation and report-out of process capability (cpk).
- Demonstrated Experience using Jmp Correlation Analysis Toolkit.
- Ability to create quality control sampling plans for both initial launch (safe launch) and steady state manufacturing.
- Strong influential leadership skills.
- Expertise in facilitating engineering and operations teams through DMAIC projects.
- Experience in training team members to achieve Green Belt certification.
- Excellent strategic agility, analytical, problem-solving skills with ability to work seamlessly between strategic and tactical focuses.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field.
- ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, other external certification considered.
- This is an in-person role working out of Holland, MI 49423
- Employees must work onsite in Holland, MI; some work-from-home privileges is negotiable
- Compensation is competitive with local engineering positions
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Our battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Our initial products target markets exceeding twenty-five billion dollars including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. We have additional products in development for larger markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Our products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes all from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org