Quality Control Engineer
Other Engineering, Quality Assurance
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Natron Energy is seeking a collaborative Quality Control Engineer. As a member of the quality team, you will be collaborating with all functions to support the quality and process excellence goals of the product and the company, with an emphasis on Quality Control. There is a broad variety of work and learning, as well as advancement opportunities. The Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Control Manager.
The successful candidate for this position must be a problem-solver at his/her core, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive and stamina for relentless, continual improvement (personally and professionally) Additionally, he/she must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work independently
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, etc) or other technical discipline
- Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA
- Specific training and demonstrated success in applying quality problem-solving methods such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships throughout the organization
- Highly adaptable and customer-focused
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company
- Must be very comfortable with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Experience with material and sample analysis equipment and tools (scanning electron microscopy, gas chromatography, computer-aided tomography)
- Experience with Chemical risk assessment and handling
- Experience and/or exposure to the battery manufacturing process
- The primary objective of this role is to support the production of high-quality Sodium-Ion Battery through the continual improvement of process and product quality and the systems that surround them
- Work with Manufacturing and Design Engineering to determine product specifications and tolerances
- Establish criteria for Part Inspection Standards based on product specification and process critical requirements
- Support the development of DFMEAs to determine potential risks in product design and support resolution of high-risk issues design features
- Lead and maintain PFMEAs to determine potential risks in manufacturing and drive resolution of high-risk issues into process controls
- Establish and maintain Control Plans to ensure critical features are controlled and monitored through the assembly/production processes
- Develop and implement Quality Key Points for visual inspection that meet product specifications used by in-process inspections and quality audits
- Lead and facilitate sorting activity and drive part improvement with suppliers on part non-conformances
- Lead Containment activity on non-conforming material by determining the appropriate suspect range to quarantine and provide disposition of material
- Able to perform and lead Problem-Solving activities for quality issues through root cause investigation; as well as development,implementation, preventative, and corrective actions
- Track quality performance metrics, prioritize top issues and drive continuous improvement activities with cross-functional team
- Develop and compile best practices for a specific manufacturing process and support implementation with other production lines
- Assist in the development and improvement of the Quality Management System
- · Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the team to make it more efficient, safer and more enjoyable place to work
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Regular, full-time in-plant position, working out of Natron Energy's Holland, MI facility
- Some travel may be required
- Ability and willingness to work nights
- Exceptionally qualified candidates may be hired at the Senior Level
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Our battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Our initial products target markets exceeding twenty-five billion dollars including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. We have additional products in development for larger markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Our products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes all from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org