People & HR
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Outstanding career opportunity for an experienced, professional, people-oriented, Human Resources Manager in a fast-paced, start-up manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will actively partner with plant leadership and team members across the organization in the development and administration of HR policies, programs, staffing, and systems. The position covers a broad range of HR functions under the direction of HR leadership.
The preferred candidate will have a successful track record of problem-solving, a “can-do” attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to liaise positively with all levels of management. Must be comfortable with change in all its facets and be able to lead others through change.
- Partner with management to ensure strategic HR goals are aligned with business initiatives.
- Create and maintain a positive employee relations climate to ensure that Natron Energy is a great place to work and enables a highly productive and motivated workforce.
- Direct development, preparation, and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of various human resources policies and procedures.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate management staff.
- Resolves conflict through professional and positive mediation.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional day-one experience.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Handle all administrative tasks for immigration applications.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, and other required compliance training.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, and new technologies in human resources and talent management.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, employment laws and regulations related to EEO, affirmative action, and labor relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HR experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of HR procedures, policies, employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with various EMS systems.
- Comfortable learning new technical systems as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, labor relations, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- 8 -10 years of human resource generalist experience required.
- At least five years of direct employee relations experience is required.
- SHRM-CP is a plus.
- This is a regular, full-time position, reporting to Natron Energy's Chief People Officer
- Employees must work onsite in Holland, MI; some work-from-home privileges is negotiable
- Compensation is competitive with local manufacturing HR Manager positions
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Our battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Our initial products target markets exceeding twenty-five billion dollars including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. We have additional products in development for larger markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Our products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes all from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com