Senior Buyer - Speciality Chemicals
Accounting & Finance, Other Engineering
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Natron Energy seeks a Senior Buyer to carry out procurement activities involving our specialty chemicals and non-commodity materials. This person will support the company by purchasing goods and services, engaging vendors and suppliers, and implementing procurement systems. Particularly, the focus will be on the procurement of specialty chemicals from our worldwide partners who help us with producing battery-grade materials.
- Lead regular and special procurement of goods, materials, components, or services in line with cost, quality and delivery targets
- Maintain a continuous supply of the goods/materials critical to company operations
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and vendors to develop component specifications, compile forecasts for vendors, and assist operations in managing the impact of supply constraints
- Explore market opportunities to reduce costs by identifying, engaging, and negotiating with existing and new vendors and suppliers
- Assess and evaluate suppliers with supplier performance reviews to ensure compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Source and assess quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders with selected suppliers to meet organizational targets and requirements
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
- Maintain active communication with vendors and stakeholders to rapidly identify and communicate changes in the supply of goods critical to company operations
- Participate in supply/inventory reviews and communicate possible risks, shortfalls, and oversupply to the company’s demand forecast
- 7-10 years of procurement experience in manufacturing, including pilot to NPI manufacturing
- Required: BS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent technical field
- Proven supplier management experience, including supplier performance reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, components, and supply chain management
- Fluency in statistical problem-solving techniques as applied to procurement and manufacturing operations
- Experience with NetSuite and the associated system maintenance
- Experience working with contract manufacturers locally and internationally
- Proficiency in MS Office including advanced Excel skills
- This is a regular, full-time position, reporting to the VP of Supply Chain
- Employees can work a hybrid schedule working from home with weekly travel to Natron's Holland, MI production center
- Compensation is competitive with local manufacturing procurement positions
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Our battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Our initial products target markets exceeding twenty-five billion dollars including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. We have additional products in development for larger markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Our products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes all from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com