Field Application Engineer
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Natron Energy seeks a Field Application Engineer with a strong background in batteries and critical & industrial power systems to join its growing Field Engineering team.
We are looking for a top Field Application Engineer who has the technical capabilities to service customers using Natron Energy’s sodium-ion battery technology. This is a unique position where strong technical knowledge will be needed to build out Natron Energy’s service model working with customers in various industries. At the same time, this individual will support efforts to provide our customers with reasonable solutions to their critical stationary power issues. Most importantly, this person must be able to be the face of Natron Energy and work with our customers in a professional manner. This is a remote with preference to candidates close to major airports or Natron Energy manufacturing sites.
- Travel to various customer sites to perform startup and commissioning of Natron Energy battery systems
- Assist in training independent service organizations
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose battery system interaction with critical and industrial power systems.
- Complete required documentation timely and accurately, using the company systems to report repairs and installations.
- Work with Natron Energy’s Product Engineering and Sales team to share feedback directly from customers.
- Conduct product and systems demonstrations in Natron Energy’s Holland, MI facility
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years in working in the battery or critical/industrial power industry
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or other relevant engineering discipline desired, but not required
- Must have electrical and mechanical aptitude, relating to UPS systems, DC Power Systems, Peak Load Shaving Systems, Industrial Power Systems, etc.
- Able to effectively present information in a one-on-one and/or small group situation to customers, clients, and peers
- Previous customer service experience in-field support is required
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot faults to component level
- This is a full time, permanent position.
- Location: Remote ok; ideal to be driving distance to Holland, MI
- Travel up to 75%
- Must be available and willing to work various shifts, weekend, holidays, and respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance eligibility
- Able to operate and handle power tools.
- No physical limitations to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including Arc Flash protective clothing, face shields, & respirators when required.
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 75 pounds during certain services
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com