Accounting & Finance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Natron Energy seeks a Senior Accountant to work with our Corporate Controller, CFO and broader Accounting team to help grow the business and the general accounting function. This person will be a key contributor in building out accounting systems, assisting with financial closes, working with our operations team on activities including purchasing, invoice reconciliation/payment, and ensuring rapid and scalable growth of operations and development activities.
- Support a growing Finance and Accounting function via building out AP, AR, and reconciliation tools to ensure rapid and scalable growth
- Calculate, post, and balance accounts payable and accounts receivable subsidiary ledgers
- Prepare weekly and monthly departmental spending and vendor analyses to ensure the accuracy of business transactions occurring in general ledger accounts
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Assist with payroll and timecard responsibilities
- Assist with sales tax preparation
- Perform certain treasury duties around invoicing, ACH, Wire,and check management
- Maintain internal controls
- Constantly improve workflows and be a NetSuite super-user. Understand the complex linkages between NetSuite and all other systems that the company currently utilizes or will implement over time
- Manage working capital: drive improvements in the areas of credit/collections, trade spend oversight, vendor and customer terms, policies, etc.
- Assist with physical inventory counts
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five years experience of corporate accounting experience
- Systems experience. Ideally with NetSuite experience or a similar Accounting/ERP system.
- Solid understanding of basic and technical accounting and financial reporting principles
- Manufacturing experience.
- Experience with business process improvement techniques
- Ability to mine, manipulate, and analyze large quantities of data
- Strong communication and listening skills
- A hands-on attitude and willingness to dig into problems and create data-driven solutions
- An unwavering commitment to fostering a company culture of integrity, transparency, and respect.
- This is a full-time role working hybrid our Santa Clara headquarters (three days a week)
- Compensation is consistent with other senior-level accounting positions at similar size companies in the SF Bay Area
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $103,000 and a maximum of $139,000.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com