Health & Safety Specialist
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
We are looking for an experienced EHS Specialist to monitor and evaluate workplace conditions, processes, and practices to ensure compliance with local, state, and national Health and Safety regulations, the Natron Energy EHS Management System, Standards and Protocols, and ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate 100% commitment to Natron Energy's zero injury policy (Plan for Safety and Work the Plan) in our drive to establish a world-class safety culture. This person will also maintain our Hazardous Waste Program, including internal waste movements, shipment preparation, and treatment. Lastly, this individual will represent the EHS organization as a leading example of safe performance.
- Actively support leadership by identifying initiatives, gaps in performance, and coach team members to develop a strong safety culture.
- Actively participate in emergency preparedness management.
- Assess work practices and conduct work or stop work pause.
- Assist with injury and event investigations.
- Assist with training and onboarding of staff
- Coach staff on identifying, communicating, and mitigating near misses.
- Develop and implement equipment-specific protocols for LOTO.
- Identify and communicate opportunities and risks to Plant and EHS leadership.
- Knowledge and experience working with EHS regulations and standards
- Knowledge of appropriate safety precautions and required PPE to ensure a safe work environment for personnel and equipment.
- Learn, become proficient and lead training for hazardous material spill response.
- Maintain and conduct EHS program training to continuously strive for enhanced performance.
- Manage the hazardous waste program and ensure continuous operational support. This includes internal movement of hazardous waste, preparing shipments, maintaining chain of custody, and manifest records.
- Monitor confined space activity, hot work, elevated work, LOTO, etc.
- Provide coaching on essential, safe habits to team members.
- Seek opportunities to improve EHS performance.
- Train personnel as part of new employee orientation and other EHS program initiatives
Skills & Experience:
- 2 - 4 years of increasing responsibilities in EHS programs in manufacturing
- Ability to become Subject Matter Experts on select programs to align with your career interests
- Action-oriented - high level of energy and ability to help others
- Approachability - able to represent Natron Energy and the EHS department professionally and establish credibility
- Candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Comfort around leadership - able to coach or influence others without formal authority
- Comfortable approaching all team members, hourly and management, to mitigate hazards
- Drive - seeking an individual for long-term commitment to assist in the building of a world-class compliance program.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Outgoing, proactive, and positive attitude.
- Seek to learn and grow within a dynamic team.
- Serve as a role model for safe personal practices.
Compensation/ Pay Transparency:
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com