Cost Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Natron Energy seeks a Cost Accounting Manager with a strong background in standard cost, inventory reporting, cost analysis, NetSuite, and manufacturing processes. This person will be a hands-on leader in building out cost accounting processes and procedures. You will be instrumental in establishing standard costs in Natron's NetSuite systems, as well as working with our operations and supply chain teams.
- Develop the costing methodology for inventory and management cost reporting
- Developing cost standards for materials, labor, and overhead
- Maintain standard costs in NetSuite system and ensure accuracy of BOMs
- Coordinate with supply chain on inventory reserves and ensure compliance with periodic cycle counts
- Responsible for general ledger account reconciliations of all inventory and cost of goods sold accounts
- Document inventory policies and procedures, standardize and streamline related processes
- Partner with manufacturing leaders (operations and finance) to ensure that business is aware of inventory and cost accounting matters and the potential impacts on the units’ financial results
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS Degree in accounting
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in cost accounting
- NetSuite experience; or expertise in similar ERP system
- Manufacturing experience
- Cost accounting experience with inventory, purchase price variances, and manufacturing cost variances
- Experience with business process improvement techniques
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $141,000 and a maximum of $191,000.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org