Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
Natron Energy is seeking a Plant Controller to oversee accounting and finance activities in our Holland, MI production plant. As part of the Plant’s leadership team, you will play a key role in providing financial guidance to ensure the overall profitability and success of the manufacturing plant.
- Provide financial leadership for the site by assisting and supporting the plant manager and leadership team in the areas of finance such as general accounting, inventory accounting, cost accounting, capital spending, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Lead the implementation and enhancement of financial policies, procedures, and internal controls for the manufacturing operation
- Perform regular cost analysis to highlight trends and areas of opportunity to guide short-term and long-term actions
- Participate quarterly standard costs updates for material and labor / overhead, production cost roll-ups, quarterly inventory reserve, cycle counts and annual inventory physical count
- Oversee Bills of Material, Work order routings, and Standard Costs for the plant.
- Analyze manufacturing variances and prepare related management reports on an ongoing basis to drive efficiencies and cost savings
- Prepare and present weekly plant KPI and financial results and forecasts to Finance and Operational leadership
- Collaborate with other departments, such as engineering, quality control, and logistics, to ensure that the manufacturing process is aligned with overall business and financial objectives.
- Assist month-end close, especially the plant-based inventory, cost of goods sold, fixed assets, and others. Provide plant-specific ad-hoc balance sheet reconciliations and financial analysis
- Participate in the annual budget process, long-term forecasting, and lead monthly and quarterly plant forecast
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of accounting and finance experience in a manufacturing environment using standard/actual costing methods.
- Expert knowledge of cost accounting and financial analysis
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience in implementing and overseeing internal controls and financial processes
- Good communication and presentation skills
- NetSuite experience preferred.
- BS in Accounting or Finance. (MBA preferred)
- Reports directly to the CFO
- Preferred to work onsite in Holland, MI, a hybrid schedule is negotiable.
- Compensation is competitive with similar positions in private companies in the local area.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $125,000 and a maximum of $169,000.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org