Battery Cell Process Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
Natron Energy is seeking an Engineer to support production and the ramp up of its battery pilot line. Critical activities include yield improvement, troubleshooting, qualification of new processes and equipment, as well as developing robust operating conditions for all processes. Key process steps include electrode preparation and stacking, ultrasonic welding, pouch formation and sealing, electrolyte introduction, cell aging, and test. Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement with thoughtful, collaborative, and disciplined execution is a must.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on team player who thrives in an active, problem-solving environment.
- Initiate and lead process improvement projects in battery cell assembly
- Provide engineering leadership to the pilot line technicians and support staff
- Implement and monitor process controls. Develop, update and maintain process documentation and SPC based manufacturing control plans.
- Sustain current line activities with a focus on quality control and yield improvement
- Perform DOE, process capability, PFMEA, cycle time studies and line balancing activities.
- Work effectively with cross functional teams to implement new equipment, fixtures, and procedures to improve quality, yield, uptime, cycle time and throughput.
- Automate data collection for manufacturing execution and process control
- Perform DF(X) design for manufacturing/test/Assembly analysis on existing and new products.
- Assist directly with the transfer of processes from pilot operations in Santa Clara to manufacturing operations in Holland MI. Occasional travel may be required (<10%)
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in engineering, materials science, chemistry, physics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience solving process yield, throughput and product quality problems.
- Fluency in Six Sigma problem-solving method and tools including DOE, fishbone, FMEA, Control Charts and statistical analysis.
- Experience in battery assembly is preferred
- This is a regular, full time position.
- Employees must work on site in Santa Clara.
- Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area manufacturing/process engineer positions.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $92,500 and a maximum of $125,500.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com