Battery Electrode Scientist
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Natron Energy is seeking a Scientist to investigate new electrode formulations and processes for Na-ion battery development. Critical activities include developing and coating electrode slurries using new chemistries as well as commercially available components. Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement with thoughtful, collaborative and disciplined execution is a must.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on team player who thrives in an active, problem-solving environment.
- Design, conduct and bring to meaningful conclusion experiments in the general area of battery electrode formulation: slurry chemistry and mix process DOEs, coating process development, and interpretation of material characterization and cell performance data.
- Screen new proprietary active materials and commercially available components
- Developing new electrode technologies (for example, dry coating)
- Understand and interpret Slurry rheology, EIS and equivalent circuit diagrams and contribute to electrode modeling.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to implement new equipment and procedures.
- Assist with the transfer of processes from pilot operations in Santa Clara to manufacturing operations in Holland MI. Occasional travel may be required (<5%)
- Position reports to Manager, Electrode Development.
Experience and Skills:
- PhD degree (or equivalent experience) in engineering, materials science, chemistry, physics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in successful execution of experiments in the general area of material processing, and specifically slurry development and coating.
- Recent graduate, early career or experienced professional; salary and title will match the career level of the successful candidate.
- This is a regular, full-time position.
- Employees must work on-site in Santa Clara.
- Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area process engineer positions.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $113,500 and a maximum of $153,500.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org